Value of: Max Domi in a hockey trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I watch all the games. Danault gets all the best wingers, while Domi is stuck with mediocrity all around him.

Take away Danault's wingers, and he's back to being, at the most, an excellent shutdown 40-point player. Give Domi better wingers, and yeah, he's easily gonna surpass 60++ (considering he's already a 50+ point player with absolute shit on his wings).

You just proved my point.

Reactions: 2Pair

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
[neutral fan]

Would Nils Lundqvist be a good return for Domi?

I know Habs have Petry and Weber taking care of RD now but who is the best young RHD in the system?

From the Rangers perspective I'd do that price for an extended Danault but not sure about Domi.

Reactions: Gravity

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Didn't you say that you would rather have Danault over Ehlers? Ehlers is better than Domi so I don't see how you can say Domi>Danault.
Believe me, I'd rather have Domi over Danault, over Ehlers, etc.

And I do believe Danault is a superior player to Ehlers all things considered. But, the problem is the writing is on the wall: Domi is on his way out one way or another, and, unfortunately, it seems like his value is low (why? I don't freaking know).

I would make a trade including Domi and Chiarot (save us cap $ to get a better-suited offensive LD) to WPG (who are looking for a top-6 C and top-4 LD - and apparently really liked Chiarot - who, admittedly, is very good) for Ehlers, who is still young and signed long term at a decent 6m per season. I'd much rather Ehlers than Saad, Brodin, etc.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
All unbiased fans have agreed many times over the past few weeks of Montreal fans trying to dump Domi, that Domi doesn't have the value to be the starting point for any one of Winnipeg's top 5.

Now with Domi trying to force his way out of Montreal with his contract status and new agent, his value is even lower.

Winnipeg would have no interest in downgrading Ehlers to Domi.

The fairest deal I've seen in this thread so far is Saad for Domi. That is perfect value for Montreal.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
All unbiased fans have agreed many times over the past few weeks of Montreal fans trying to dump Domi, that Domi doesn't have the value to be the starting point for any one of Winnipeg's top 5.

Now with Domi trying to force his way out of Montreal with his contract status and new agent, his value is even lower.

The fairest deal I've seen in this thread so far is Saad for Domi. That is perfect value for Montreal.
There's nothing fair about acquiring Saad for Domi. That is downright horrible for MTL.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
There's nothing fair about acquiring Saad for Domi. That is downright horrible for MTL.
With a player that is intent on forcing his way to UFA, or being overpaid drastically on a contract, your best bet is to move him quickly while he still has value or before he walks for nothing

This way Montreal gets Saad back and they may be able to flip him for a high pick or two at the TDL.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
[neutral fan]

I know Habs have Petry and Weber taking care of RD now but who is the best young RHD in the system?

From the Rangers perspective I'd do that price for an extended Danault but not sure about Domi.
I'd do Lundkvist for Domi for sure. I think it's fine, value wise. Maybe a small add from NYR (a 2nd? 3rd?) if Domi signs a deal with them just afterward.

Montreal lacks a quality RHD prospect in their system, fit would be great. Weber/Petry are not getting any younger. He's a bit on the small side and does not fit what the Habs want on a 3rd pair in the short term, however. I suspect Bergevin wanting more a D that can play on the second pair right away (ex: Brodin) that is more established for Domi, but I could be wrong.

Minny and Montreal make just too much sense (#2 C for a top 4 D).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

so these bolded comments are unbiased? lol

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I'd do Lundkvist for Domi for sure. I think it's fine, value wise. Maybe a small add from NYR (a 2nd? 3rd?) if Domi signs a deal with them just afterward.

Montreal lacks a quality RHD prospect in their system, fit would be great. Weber/Petry are not getting any younger. He's a bit on the small side and does not fit what the Habs want on a 3rd pair in the short term, however. I suspect Bergevin wanting more a D that can play on the second pair right away (ex: Brodin) that is more established for Domi, but I could be wrong.

Minny and Montreal make just too much sense (#2 C for a top 4 D).

Montreal better be ready to add to that

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

I always laugh at ''his value is even lower''
How many times we heard this stupid argument on hfboard and 2 weeks after the players in question got good returns.
Based on those stupid facts , almost no players would have any value

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If MN wants Domi, and is prepared to move Brodin, then the deal can be easily done. MTL is swimming in mid round picks and can include one or two of them to make MN happy, and it wouldn't hurt MTL at all.

I just don't think Guerin is willing to trade Brodin. Suter is great, but aging, and is no longer the best defensive Dman on the Wild. Brodin is. There is no LHD prospect that is close to those two in terms of quality. Soucy has been nice, but is relatively unproven, and not even very young, at 25yo, and is at best a #4D. Brodin simply isn't expendable. Even if the Wild take Sanderson at the draft(ugh), he will need at least a couple of years before he is ready for top 4 role, and that's if everything works out perfectly, which seldom happens.

MN has Menell, Addison, Belpedio, and hopefully one of the Johanssons as RHD prospects to back up Dumba and Spurgeon, who is younger than Suter.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
A straight up Domi for Ehlers deal makes sense for both sides - satisfies both teams' needs. The value is right on.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I watch all the games. Danault gets all the best wingers, while Domi is stuck with mediocrity all around him.

Take away Danault's wingers, and he's back to being, at the most, an excellent shutdown 40-point player. Give Domi better wingers, and yeah, he's easily gonna surpass 60++ (considering he's already a 50+ point player with absolute shit on his wings).

Give me the shutdown centre that is an elite PKer and one of the top faceoff men in the league, while contributing 45-55 points a season over the centre who might get 10 more points but is invisible defensively, smaller, and takes bad penalties when things don’t go his way.

They are not even close in terms of importance.

Reactions: Archijerej

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

If Domi is traded it doesn't mean he wanted to be. His new agent has already stated Domi hasn't asked to be traded from Montreal.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Shut ‘er down :) Domi wants to stay a Hab!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Bergevin, don’t be a f***ing idiot! Keep the man and pay him!

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
With a player that is intent on forcing his way to UFA, or being overpaid drastically on a contract, your best bet is to move him quickly while he still has value or before he walks for nothing

This way Montreal gets Saad back and they may be able to flip him for a high pick or two at the TDL.
lol, first of all Domi is RFA. second of all people said the same thing about Pacioretty.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
[neutral fan]

As I understand Lundkvist is a highly valued RD prospect.

I would consider such a deal for Domi, although unfortunately it doesn't help us right now. It would be a move with an eye to properly surround Suzuki/Kotkaniemi in the future. We have loads of LD products, but lack a quality RD.

Danault is a no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad