Value of: Max Domi in a hockey trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
a) since he started in the league his point total are: 52, 38, 45, 72, 44
His goals totals are: 18, 9, 9, 28, 17
What about any of those numbers are consistant? It is all over the map.

b) he got passed on a below average team by 2 rookies, one of who spent part of the year in AHL. Not to mention he has played wing part of his career too.

Hence why we are even talking about Domi because he is available for trade.

Domi is talented don't get me wrong but he hardly cemented himself as a 2nd line center in this league.

a) That isn't a real argument. Using raw totals to determine consistency is incredibly ill-conceived. Do injuries imply inconsistency? How about who you're playing with?

Outside of maybe a few players, everybody is inconsistent if all your doing is reading their HockeyDB page.

He's played at a 50+ point pace in all but 1 seasons of his career (and that was 45). That is the baseline of what he can do, and generally not playing with a lot of goal scoring talent. And his production is still unarguably 2nd line caliber.

b) One of the reasons that "below average" team was able to beat Pittsburgh and played so hard against Philly are those two rookies, who were probably Montreal's 2 best forwards. So I'm not sure why that's a knock against him.

I'm curious what you think a 2nd line center in the NHL is, or who the real 2nd line centers in the NHL are, if Domi isn't one.

Reactions: Igoraj

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
a) That isn't a real argument. Using raw totals to determine consistency is incredibly ill-conceived. Do injuries imply inconsistency? How about who you're playing with?

Outside of maybe a few players, everybody is inconsistent if all your doing is reading their HockeyDB page.

He's played at a 50+ point pace in all but 1 seasons of his career (and that was 45). That is the baseline of what he can do, and generally not playing with a lot of goal scoring talent. And his production is still unarguably 2nd line caliber.

b) One of the reasons that "below average" team was able to beat Pittsburgh and played so hard against Philly are those two rookies, who were probably Montreal's 2 best forwards. So I'm not sure why that's a knock against him.

I'm curious what you think a 2nd line center in the NHL is, or who the real 2nd line centers in the NHL are, if Domi isn't one.
Why cant he carve out a role on two different teams if he brings so much? Isn't it weird that coaches cant seem to find the right "fit" to bring out the best in him?

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Even though Montreal players never get traded to where they are rumored to. What about the random idea of Domi and Chi 2nd rounder for Sadd and De Hann?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Even though Montreal players never get traded to where they are rumored to. What about the random idea of Domi and Chi 2nd rounder for Sadd and De Hann?

I threw up a little after reading that.

We don't have the cap for that anyway. I'm still holding out hope that MB is sticking to his plan and won't sell top prospects or top picks (unless it's to move up with those picks but MB doesn't believe in that) I hope he trades Domi for futures, but who knows what his plan is as this has been the longest he's actually stuck to one direction of sorts.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Comtois is a winger and Getz is getting really old

You left out the other C's.... Henrique, Lundestrom, Rowney and Backes. No matter what Domi isnt getting a top 6 C slot over Henrique or Getzlaf, and hes not defensively responsible enough for a 3C role even if he'd take a 3C salary. I dont see the appeal to losing Rakell for him

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
You could always ask for Kreider. That way you don't have to worry about him taking Carey Price out in the playoffs.

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
The thing is, teams that want a top 6 center that aren't in a full rebuild are New York, Winnipeg, Florida, Minnesota, and Arizona. San Jose, Detroit, Buffalo, and Anaheim could use him. The big questions are, do any of these teams see Domi as a center? If they do, are they willing to trade for him? If yes, do they have what Montreal wants?

New York could make sense, they have an abundance of wingers, picks, prospects, etc. They don't have the defensive help, but maybe Montreal thinks they're stronger there building internally with Romanov. Buchnevich is intriguing, Kreider brings physicality, Kravstov is probably bonafide. Brendan Lemiux adds snarl. Could be a fit.

Winnipeg could if they were willing to trade Laine or Ehlers. Connor would be who I ask for, but he's their best forward other than Scheifele. Would they trade Vesalainen, and their 1st for Montreal's 1st and Domi? Essentially moving a promising forward and moving back 6 spots for a bonafide number 2 that does not break up your top 6?

Florida, not sure they have what Montreal wants.

Minnesota. Insert your Dumba/Brodin proposal here.

Arizona is intriguing. OEL could be available. Not sure if Arizona takes Domi back.

Montreal could also look to get back up in the draft with Domi. A team like Anaheim might move back to pick up some scoring help.

Nashville is another dark horse team not afraid to make moves. Not sure who the odd man out is. To me Forsberg and Duchene are the only truly safe players. Maybe Montreal goes all in on Johansen? Wild card team at least.

Reactions: AirGut

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Domi would have to have a long term contract as well before it should even be considered.
I’d settle for Dumba to . I know people will say there’s no room for him because of Petry and Weber but guys do play on their off side to . Between power plays and penalty killing the three off them could get over 20 minutes . Weber won’t have much in the tank if he plays 25 minutes a nite in a compressed 82 game schedule. Dumba being only 26 leaves us a top 4 d when Weber is moving on . Domi , fleury and a 4th for Dumba . The extras are for dealing with Ferris .

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d settle for Dumba to . I know people will say there’s no room for him because of Petry and Weber but guys do play on their off side to . Between power plays and penalty killing the three off them could get over 20 minutes . Weber won’t have much in the tank if he plays 25 minutes a nite in a compressed 82 game schedule. Dumba being only 26 leaves us a top 4 d when Weber is moving on . Domi , fleury and a 4th for Dumba . The extras are for dealing with Ferris .

Domi still needs a long term contract. Not gonna risk getting strong armed by a guy who has all the leverage.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Domi still needs a long term contract. Not gonna risk getting strong armed by a guy who has all the leverage.
Well does anyone on here have ferris’s number . See what yous can work out . I hate to lose domi though . He’s got more character than them all except for gallagher

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Winnipeg could if they were willing to trade Laine or Ehlers. Connor would be who I ask for, but he's their best forward other than Scheifele. Would they trade Vesalainen, and their 1st for Montreal's 1st and Domi? Essentially moving a promising forward and moving back 6 spots for a bonafide number 2 that does not break up your top 6?
No chance Winnipeg moves any of their top 5 or 10OA for Domi. None.

Especially with Domi's contact situation and agent.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Does nothing for the Habs.
If Dumba got back to full health he’s only two years removed from a fifty point season . He’s also only 26 and plays with a bit of grit as well . I could live with
Chariot Weber
Petry Dumba
Romanov kulak
Mete
On the back end

Reactions: Dutronc

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If Dumba got back to full health he’s only two years removed from a fifty point season . He’s also only 26 and plays with a bit of grit as well . I could live with
Chariot Weber
Petry Dumba
Romanov kulak
Mete
On the back end

If someone is gonna play their offside, it would definitely be Dumba, not Petry. And im not sure Dumba has any experience playing that side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad