Value of: Max Domi in a hockey trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Some decent offers here. I’ll go over them one by one. If we had to make Domi available for either cap or any other reasons, some here could be a good basis for a trade

Right now or offseason? If it's offseason, Nurse.

Could be a possibility. Depends on what happens with Romanov. If he comes over (we’ll know in April) we would have to move one of Chiarot or Mete to make room for Nurse. Not ideal but I like the player a lot. Could make sense.

If you're looking for a hockey trade, Brodin or Dumba?

Brodin is a no-go. Dumba could be a real, interesting possibility if he can manage to get some of his game back before the end of the season. If he can show that this year was an off-year, I could definitely see us go with that swap.

Zadorov and Jost

Not enough. Not a fan of either player and Jost doesn’t fill a need for us. Pass.

Jenner and Murray?

Can’t see Montreal be interested in Jenner. Too many bodies in the middle 6 already and although I would be interested in taking a chance on Murray staying healthy for a lesser player than or draft pick, Domi is a non-starter. I would be interested in Domi+ for Werenski but that’s about it.

I would do Hanifin + Jakob Pelletier for Max Domi

Hanifin is a non-starter for Domi. Pelletier is interesting but can’t be the main piece going back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m know Habs fans won’t like it, the obvious deal would be Domi for Vlasic (with $1m retained). The hometown kid returns to Montreal and is reunited with Weber (they’ve been great together internationally). Montreal was heavily scouting Vlasic earlier this season and the Sharks beat writer, Kevin Kurz, recently revealed that Vlasic was willing to waive to go to Montreal.

The Sharks need to get younger and add to their top-6. Domi would bring an edge to that they're missing.

I’m sure everyone will blast this idea and say that it’s stupid, and that Vlasic is too old, and is declining, and is too expensive, etc. Doesn’t it feel like something Marc Bergevin would do?

This is incredibly irresponsible for you to propose Vlasic in a trade for Domi. Its borderline trolling. Vlasic is one of the worst contracts in the league now due to his serious decline. If you want to talk trade, we can discuss Alzner in return.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I agree. Domi isn’t a good old pro. Much like when the Canadiens dealt Subban for Weber, they should look to deal him for someone with character. Eric Staal fits the build. He’s a natural character center who's lead his team to the Stanley cup.

In all seriousness they should probably keep Domi. I don’t think they have anyone at his level to replace his production. Some may have potential but they’re not there yet, and may not get there. He’s also young enough to be a part of their rebuild.

If they are looking to deal him(which seems illogical to me), someone like Montour would make for an interesting hockey trade.

Sam Dynamite

Apr 23, 2019
Pelletier is a very legit prospect, but the fact that hes from QC cant hurt too much. Second best forward in the q this season behind lafreniere.

Hanifin is a former 4th overall and still very young. Sounds to me exactly what people in the thread were asking for!
Not 1 on 1, but If it was up to me, I'd do that deal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you're looking for a hockey trade, Brodin or Dumba?

Brodin is a UFA in 2 years. No thanks. Dumba is a UFA in 4 years and is a RD we don't need. Domi has two more RFA control years left and can be locked up 6+ years. Domi has more value than those two

Domi is worth more than that. Only deal I can see is Domi+ for Nurse+ in the off season. Both teams argue about the +. Both players are 24 looking for new contracts. That's the only type of deal the Habs would possibly consider if we trade Domi. And I'm not trading Domi cause I am desperate to trade him. The approach is we get a LD we need and we extend Tatar.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Your gonna list the loss of Andrew Shaw and try and tell me that isnt an excuse?
You clearly didn’t watch Montreal last season Shaw put up career numbers (19 goals/47 points in 63 games) playing with Domi. They were a very effective pair. Domi has had revolving line mates this year. If you can’t see the correlation then you suffer from tunnel vision

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Can’t see Montreal be interested in Jenner. Too many bodies in the middle 6 already and although I would be interested in taking a chance on Murray staying healthy for a lesser player than or draft pick, Domi is a non-starter. I would be interested in Domi+ for Werenski but that’s about it.
Not being interested in Jenner comes as a bit of a surprise, as I vividly remember a rabid press of folks trying to take him off our hands not too long ago, but I suppose things sometimes change over time. :amazed: :D

As for Werenski... don't go there. ;) Available only for a legit #1C, and maybe not even then.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Not being interested in Jenner comes as a bit of a surprise, as I vividly remember a rabid press of folks trying to take him off our hands not too long ago, but I suppose things sometimes change over time. :amazed: :D

As for Werenski... don't go there. ;) Available only for a legit #1C, and maybe not even then.

Things do change over time. Boone Jenner is not very interesting and where would he play on the Habs given that our C's are Suzuki (and Domi), Danault and Kotkaniemi where the latter while struggling will need an opportunity on the 3rd line at a minimum. And then we also have Poehling who projects to be a 3C....

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Things do change over time. Boone Jenner is not very interesting and where would he play on the Habs given that our C's are Suzuki (and Domi), Danault and Kotkaniemi where the latter while struggling will need an opportunity on the 3rd line at a minimum. And then we also have Poehling who projects to be a 3C....
Oh. He's also played regularly at LW; indeed, that much-ballyhooed 30-goal season was done with him on the wing.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Oh. He's also played regularly at LW; indeed, that much-ballyhooed 30-goal season was done with him on the wing.

No interest in Jenner / Murray. Habs need to hold onto Domi and see how things pan out with the young developing forwards / Centermen. I think Domi is better on wing but he did put up 70+ points at C. We need a full season of Domi/Drouin to properly evaluate our C situation.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We need a full season of Domi/Drouin to properly evaluate our C situation.
I got the impression that part of why there's discussion of trading Domi at all is because he's an RFA and so contract situations might render ever even having said evaluation season a tad prohibitive.

Otherwise, fair enough.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
habs fans = overvaluating the player
other fans = fair or below evaluation ..

its about status quo for these boards. :confused:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I got the impression that part of why there's discussion of trading Domi at all is because he's an RFA and so contract situations might render ever even having said evaluation season a tad prohibitive.

Otherwise, fair enough.

There's absolutely no reason to be discussing a Domi trade. The goal is to lock him up longterm and hopefully at a cap friendly rate. i.e. capitolize on his down season.

Simply put, Domi is not available. You dont' trade heart/soul players like Domi unless they are a locker room cancer or they request a trade.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad