Recalled/Assigned: Mavrik Bourque recalled from the Texas Stars (OFFICIAL HYPE THREAD)

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Agreed. Pete isn't prefect no coach is.

But I was thinking today how refreshing it is to have a coach who actually somewhat cares about load management (or the closest thing to it in the NHL). His TOI distribution clearly has an eye on being rested and fresh for the playoffs, which is pretty progressive for an NHL coach.

Every coach wears out his welcome and so will he, but the biggest thing we've have to complain about Pete is his choice of the #6 D. That's pretty damn good in sports.
I agree. Some head scratchers here and there, especially with the #6 D spot, but we really can’t complain (even though I do sometimes out of emotion lol) with how these 2 seasons have gone with him.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Agreed. Pete isn't prefect no coach is.

But I was thinking today how refreshing it is to have a coach who actually somewhat cares about load management (or the closest thing to it in the NHL). His TOI distribution clearly has an eye on being rested and fresh for the playoffs, which is pretty progressive for an NHL coach.

Every coach wears out his welcome and so will he, but the biggest thing we've have to complain about Pete is his choice of the #6 D. That's pretty damn good in sports.
I absolutely give him full credit for it. He makes a choice every game to not double shift even when he maybe should. That said it's a hellva lot easier to do so because the forwards are good enough to where you don't have to ride your 2 stars 25 minutes a night to compete.

Dallas has been wildly inconsistent from night to night as to which line is going. It even varies period to period some games so Pete is almost forced to play each line equally because he doesn't even know who's going to dominate due to matchups or whatever game to game. That it tremendously helps work loads, especially on the older players, is an underrated boon for the team as a whole heading into the playoffs. It's also why there are 7 and hopefully soon to be 8 20 goal scorers. Nobody's in the top 10 in scoring and yet the team is 1st or 2nd in overall goals scored in the NHL.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I remember when this was the Bart with a broken leg meme.

View attachment 846633

As much as people talk about DeBoer hating young guys all because one guy getting scratched, DeBoer has shown an eagerness to hand young guys jobs. Johnston, Harley, and Stankoven all were plugged into the lineup and have earned tons of praise and support from DeBoer.
and tried hard to hand nils a job.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Am I crazy thinking this is a great opportunity to pop Wyatt on the top line and shift Pavs down?

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Yes, because Wyatt should not be used as a winger. Regardless if Bourque hits that 2c ceiling or not.
yeah i guess im just getting greedy in the hype thread. very curious to see how the lines shake out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad