Recalled/Assigned: Mavrik Bourque recalled from the Texas Stars (OFFICIAL HYPE THREAD)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Perhaps gonna rest Seguin more going forward? Hopefully it's nothing more.

But f*** yeah let's go Mavrik. I will say, I would not expect him to perform as quick offensively as Stankoven. He plays a slower game that might take him some time to adjust to this level offensively

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Incoming back to back in the road . Good chance he plays in a top9 role in at least one of those two games , i hope ?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Texas isn't going very far in the AHL playoffs this year so getting Bourque acclimated with the NHL club a couple of weeks before the NHL playoffs start where they may need him in case of injury to a top9 guy makes some sense . That plus maybe resting one or two of the guys with nagging injuries for a game or two.

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Makes sense to rest 1 maybe 2 players vs Chicago and have a fresher line up vs the Avs.

Seguin and another vet to not play tomorrow?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
From the practise lines that would be Craig Smith

From the practise interviews it's pretty clear Mav is going to play in Chicago . DeBoer said he's def going to play albeit not sure how the lines will look. Also Mav said his family will fly to Chicago . That pretty much guarantees he plays against the Hawks . Would be very wierd if he doesn't ?

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Skated with Benn and Stankoven

Johnston with Marchment and Duchene. I wonder if they are a touch nervous of this quiet stretch for duchene so playing him with Wyatt to get him going

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Skated with Benn and Stankoven

Johnston with Marchment and Duchene. I wonder if they are a touch nervous of this quiet stretch for duchene so playing him with Wyatt to get him going
Not just Duchene. Marchment has been on a quarter season long cold streak. In his last 21 games, Marchment has 2 goals and 3 assists. Annoyingly, when Seguin had to sit for a few weeks, Marchment didn't step up but saw his game fall off.

If Bourque tears it up, Marchment is the guy who probably should fall out of the top 9.

Reactions: Cowboyluck

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I was just thinking yesterday that I felt bad for Mav as he's living the Squidward-looking-out-window meme with his best friend having a great time in the NHL with a new hot young center in your area.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was just thinking yesterday that I felt bad for Mav as he's living the Squidward-looking-out-window meme with his best friend having a great time in the NHL with a new hot young center in your area.

IMG_0411.jpeg

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I remember when this was the Bart with a broken leg meme.

Screenshot_20240405-144601~2.png

I have my issues with DeBoer but he's absolutely right here and I'm glad he's just flat out stating yes he's going to play because I'm not an idiot and know how good he is.
As much as people talk about DeBoer hating young guys all because one guy getting scratched, DeBoer has shown an eagerness to hand young guys jobs. Johnston, Harley, and Stankoven all were plugged into the lineup and have earned tons of praise and support from DeBoer.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT and Satan

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Agreed. Pete isn't prefect no coach is.

But I was thinking today how refreshing it is to have a coach who actually somewhat cares about load management (or the closest thing to it in the NHL). His TOI distribution clearly has an eye on being rested and fresh for the playoffs, which is pretty progressive for an NHL coach.

Every coach wears out his welcome and so will he, but the biggest thing we've have to complain about Pete is his choice of the #6 D. That's pretty damn good in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad