Player Discussion Mattias Samuelsson, LHD (USNTDP), The Antidote, Distributing Cobra Strikes

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
It was a dumb contract. You don't give a player a 7 year deal before they play 70 games. Especially when there are no external factors such as a tight salary cap forcing your hand. There was no upside with that deal, just a shit ton of risk.

It was nearly as dumb as the Power deal.
Nah Power has a massive potential to grow to still, Sammy is 30+(He could be and looks 40) and plateaued last season. I'm even more convinced Sammy hid his age like Grigorenko.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Nah Power has a massive potential to grow to still, Sammy is 30+(He could be and looks 40) and plateaued last season. I'm even more convinced Sammy hid his age like Grigorenko.
Was that actually confirmed (grig)?

Reactions: Fearnot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
IMG_6974.jpeg

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
I wonder if Byram's potential solidification on the first pair with Dahlin means Samuelsson ends up playing with Power. Would be nice to see Sam put in a healthy season for once, he's dependable when healthy just struggles stay healthy. The team needs to him to both stay healthy and contribute enough to keep a Top 4 job now that Joki has improved and Byram has arrived, otherwise that contract is gonna look a bit rough if he gets stapled to 3rd pair minutes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if Byram's potential solidification on the first pair with Dahlin means Samuelsson ends up playing with Power. Would be nice to see Sam put in a healthy season for once, he's dependable when healthy just struggles stay healthy. The team needs to him to both stay healthy and contribute enough to keep a Top 4 job now that Joki has improved and Byram has arrived, otherwise that contract is gonna look a bit rough if he gets stapled to 3rd pair minutes.

Some of Power's best pair numbers are with Samuelsson. His skills complement what is lacking in Power's game.

Reactions: Misko

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Some of Power's best pair numbers are with Samuelsson. His skills complement what is lacking in Power's game.
Yeah, if he can settle in as Powers partner then I think that'll be great for the team moving forward. Only worry would be all 4 of the Top 4 dmen being left shots, but it's arguable how important handedness is nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad