Prospect Info: Matthew "The Bison" Coronato (13 Overall 2021) - Signed to ELC

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You made about 19000 threads this year about playing the kids. Coronato is far more NHL ready than Phillips. So for some reason in your mind it's play all the kids, except the best one.
You know this all based on what again?

It was just an opinion btw. The kids absolutely should’ve gotten more playing time this season

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Maybe my prediction of him turning out as a 3x Rocket winner was a little conservative

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Obviously him having 3 points in 4 games is huge, but the fact that he lined up at centre for the first 3 games for USA is huge as well. Ideally I think he is a RW at the NHL level but the ability to be a flex player could be huge down the line. I’m also more confident than ever he is going to be a big time goal scorer for this team in 2-3 years.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Do you guys think he will be on the Flames Roster for the upcoming season?
Think him and Zary fight to be this upcoming seasons midseason call up, on paper there isn’t really a slot for him to start the season with our top 9 pretty set looking hopefully like:
Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli
Pelletier-Kadri-Dube
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman

He will have to fight to relegate one of Dube or Coleman to the 4th line, and both are coming off 18 goal seasons so it won’t be an easy task. My hope is Dube gets to centre our 4th line to be replaced by Coronato, he only really steps up for 25-30 games a season and even then has never really been more than the 3rd best player on his line. Coronato doesn’t have the speed Dube plays with but his linemates would bring that in spades, and he has vastly more offensive potential than Dube.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
One's a LW, one's a RW. I don't think they're necessarily competing with each other. The question is whether they can take someone's spot or if a vacancy exists from a trade.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Remember when Sam Bennett was heralded as the next Doug Gilmour for the Flames? He even took number 93 since 39 was already taken. Well that didn't quite work out did it. Have we finally found our new Doug Gilmour? He even wears #39... coincidence??

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
This team is due for some more luck coming it's way. Coronato being a long-term beaut would be so great.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Remember when Sam Bennett was heralded as the next Doug Gilmour for the Flames? He even took number 93 since 39 was already taken. Well that didn't quite work out did it. Have we finally found our new Doug Gilmour? He even wears #39... coincidence??
39 wasn't taken, he just knew Gilmour as a Leaf

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
39 wasn't taken, he just knew Gilmour as a Leaf
Ah... that's right. I was confusing Bennett with Gilmour regarding the jersey number. When Gilmour was traded to the Leafs mid season on Jan 2 1992 his #39 was already taken so he took #93 instead.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Ah... that's right. I was confusing Bennett with Gilmour regarding the jersey number. When Gilmour was traded to the Leafs mid season on Jan 2 1992 his #39 was already taken so he took #93 instead.
I thought there was a duality there. Gilmour was Bennet's coach. Bennett looked up to Gilmour, but Bennett was required to take a high number due to Burke's numbering thing. So he took 93. Then he never changed it when he became a regular.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I thought there was a duality there. Gilmour was Bennet's coach. Bennett looked up to Gilmour, but Bennett was required to take a high number due to Burke's numbering thing. So he took 93. Then he never changed it when he became a regular.
Nah, Bennett was 63 originally, then changed to 93.

Reactions: Fig

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Matt Coronato took his demotion to the AHL in stride, to the tune of 8 goals and 10 assists for 18 points in 14 games. That’s the 6th best point per game for any player in the AHL currently. Kid is oozing with offensive skill.

Edit: Wrong thread, wanted to update the prospect boards…

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Coronato had another goal and assist today. That make 9 goals and 11 assists for 20 pts in 15 games.

EDIT: Oops.. disregard.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad