Speculation: Matthew Knies

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
He will get away with it. Always does. They didn't even call that 2 minutes for interference. Leafs see another player go to sidelines after playing Bruins.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I find it funny that this supposed contender does not answer back after one of their promising rookie, Knies, gets gooned by a cheap thug. I can't be mad at the supporting cast; they actually showed up last night. Again, the core 4, just don't have any pride or character.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Ah yes, the classic Marchand whoopsie.

Oopsie poopsie!

There is no better player in the league at hiding his cheating or dirty play. There was a play where Willie and Rat were in a board battle for the puck, Rat took a swing at Nylander's feet, he hit Willies is skate just enough to knock Nylander off stride. He will be a HOF because what he lacks in skill he makes up in cheating. That sneaky cheating permeates through out the Brunis. Florida gave us the blue print to beat the Bruins take away the seam passes and ground , pound and hurt them. Why we allow Marchand and Pasta skate around like its a Sunday skate, I have no idea. 100% of the time I'm giving up a regular season game to hit and hurt that team. Pasta, Marchand McAvoy and Debrusk, hurt them, hit them, LTIR them.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I find it funny that this supposed contender does not answer back after one of their promising rookie, Knies, gets gooned by a cheap thug. I can't be mad at the supporting cast; they actually showed up last night. Again, the core 4, just don't have any pride or character.
Happened in the playoffs with no reaction, why would you expect otherwise in regular season?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Last night was one of those nights that they should’ve just murdered Marchand as the game got away from them. Take a suspension if necessary, just absolutely destroy the guy.

Worst case scenario he has some lingering bumps and bruises for game 1

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hopefully Knies just got shaken up and it isn’t anything serious.

Been saying this for a couple weeks now but Knies needs to be dropped down to the third line. No knock on him, he’s a fine player and only going to get better but he’s not ready to play with Matthews and Marner and the competition they receive just yet.

Knies - Tavares - McMann would be my ideal third line.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Bertuzzi should be with matthews and marner but I do want Knies back quickly for the bottom 6
I think you at least keep Bert on PP1 where he has been doing well. From there, you continue to build the chemistry with Matthews and Marner. Then switch him back to line 1 before it is too late in the year. Granted, the Leafs would need powerplays. Lol

He’s a repeat offender.

5 games minimum

Sweeney with on call to Bettman sealed the deal
He is also a Bruin doing it against the Leafs, so it is hard limited to never be above 0 games.

• Haha
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Last night was one of those nights that they should’ve just murdered Marchand as the game got away from them. Take a suspension if necessary, just absolutely destroy the guy.

At the very least someone should have Rielly'd him.

That one I would have at least understood the rage.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Domi roughed him up but he just dropped like a sack of potatoes. No guts no pride. I guess you can cross-check him but between the Leaf suspension premium and attacking a Bruin, that's a lifetime suspension.

Reactions: The Apologist

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
He is at practice

No he is not, the team has the day off in Montreal today. Mark Master just reported on Knies status and specifically said the team has the day off.

I call BBBBBBUULLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIITEEEEE :)

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
No he is not, the team has the day off in Montreal today. Mark Master just reported on Knies status and specifically said the team has the day off.

I call BBBBBBUULLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIITEEEEE :)
What did Masters report?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Maybe I am skimming to quick, but there’s no way Marchand would be suspended for an incidental play. He didn’t even get a fine for that “accidentally on purpose slew foot” on Liljegren earlier this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad