Prospect Info: Matt Puempel & Stefan Noesen

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I stand corrected.

They both make will the team at the same time, as Richards & Carter and Getzlaf & Perry did. It'd be too early to get a crack at it for the 2013-2014. I say they both make the line up 2014-2015 on opening night. Both will score around 10-15 goals each in a 75-82 game schedule. Then watch them sky rocket the next season or 2 later. It's a weird pattern that happens almost every time.

Obviously I meant they will both make, sorry for the confusion.
No I didn't understand your salutation.

Isn't your name SensTopLine?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
on Matt Puempel, and Stefan Noesen yes they are both 1st round draft picks, #21 and #24 of the 2011 draft.....

To say they will get some games up in Ottawa next season might be a bit of a stretch, as other players are ahead of them......

How can anybody say for sure that they will adapt to the pro game against men, not boys as they are used to playing against???????

Give them time with Coach Luke and coach SS, they will develop them also the rookie yr is tough on players... The pro game is more demanding on them and they also have to learn how to become a professional athlete on and off the ice....

Let them develop slowly and then you will get a better player up in Ottawa that knows what he is doing....... When they are ready Ottawa will open up a spot on the team for them.........

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I feel like Noesen might make the Sens out of camp, considering he's so good defensively and would fit right in to our bottom 6 very nicely. Probably not, but I think it's at least a possibility.

Puempel would have to be put in to a scoring role which may take longer because we have a log jam of prospects, and he isn't 1st in line.

Calorissi

Jan 16, 2004
Manotick
After thinking about it a little more I realize that so much of their immediate future depends on their performance in the Rookie Camp/Tourney and Pre-Season. It is entirely possible that one or both really impress this week in the Summer Evaluation Camp and make the Sens brass a little happier to offer up current roster players in a quantity for quality deal thereby opening a roster spot for one of them.

Let's say Noesen comes into the Summer Rookie Camp bigger stronger and more polished than last year. The brass may well think he was close last year and could be really close this year so they may be more open to trading a roster player like Greening/Smith/Condra. Not that Noesen would come in and fill their 'skates' immediately, but by the end of the year he might.

Same thing with Puempel, he may come into the Summer Rookie Camp and blow everyone away with his improvements and scoring to the point where the Sens decide to give him a shot and concentrate more on a #3 Dman than first/second line scorer.

SensTopLine

Mar 6, 2013
Quebec (Province of)
Think he's just asking why you started your previous post by saying " Hey I'm RickMercer4PrimeMinister"

SensTopLine = YouTube user and Sens' videos uploader "RickMercer4PrimeMinister".

You are both correct!

If no one is putting up the draft on Youtube this year, I think I should do it again. I didn't record last year's because I thought it wasn't as good as 2011, and the 2013 draft looks to have the same 2011 feeling! So much CHL talent from all 3 leagues, it's insane. All 30 teams will get a good pick I think.

Last edited:

balaclava brian

Dec 25, 2011
on Matt Puempel, and Stefan Noesen yes they are both 1st round draft picks, #21 and #24 of the 2011 draft.....

To say they will get some games up in Ottawa next season might be a bit of a stretch, as other players are ahead of them......

How can anybody say for sure that they will adapt to the pro game against men, not boys as they are used to playing against???????

Give them time with Coach Luke and coach SS, they will develop them also the rookie yr is tough on players... The pro game is more demanding on them and they also have to learn how to become a professional athlete on and off the ice....

Let them develop slowly and then you will get a better player up in Ottawa that knows what he is doing....... When they are ready Ottawa will open up a spot on the team for them.........

Did Murray not say he expected both of these players to get a few games this year?

I could have sworn I read that in a different thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad