Confirmed with Link: Matt O'Connor signs with Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

Honestly I love Hammond, but his run was a complete fluke. You could see team defence as a whole was much better since he came in since the players knew how bad he was in the AHL.

Hope we don't give up on Lehner, but I think he's gone

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
People forget that only a few years ago, Hammond was basically in O'Connor's spot.

Maybe not as highly touted but its the same situation. Temper expectations.

***** don't kill my vibe. It's a good day for Sens fans.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
***** don't kill my vibe. It's a good day for Sens fans.

He's a good prospect to pick up absolutely. But it may take him 2 years or so to get to the NHL.

It shouldn't be a vibe killer to remind people he's a prospect who will need development.

BigBush*

Honestly I love Hammond, but his run was a complete fluke. You could see team defence as a whole was much better since he came in since the players knew how bad he was in the AHL.

Hope we don't give up on Lehner, but I think he's gone

I dunno if I'd call it a complete fluke. Hammond was very good night in night out for 24 games straight...

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa

Looks like he has a great glove hand. Shows some great lateral movement as well for a guy his size.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He's a good prospect to pick up absolutely. But it may take him 2 years or so to get to the NHL.

It shouldn't be a vibe killer to remind people he's a prospect who will need development.
Yep but the best thing is that he was free:handclap:Now drafting a goalie this draft isnt as pressing

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
The Sun has a 4 choice poll and in every option Lehner is kept. It's trade Anderson or don't keep Hammond. They messed up option 3 it's the same as 1 with the names switched around! :laugh:

Poll
What should the Senators do about their goaltending logjam?

Keep Hammond, O'Connor, Lehner
Keep Anderson, O'Connor, Lehner
Keep O'Connor, Hammond, Lehner
Keep all four!

btw) Great catch for the Sens

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Really good news for Binghamton. He and probably Driedger will give a lift. Too bad Hogberg won't come over.

Murray said he'd trade one if Hammond signed. Ball's in his court now.

Anderson stays I'd assume, unless it's a knock your skates off kind of return.

The Lehner & Cowen combination will get a hard look

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The Sun has a 4 choice poll and in every option Lehner is kept. It's trade Anderson or don't keep Hammond. They messed up option 3 it's the same as 1 with the names switched around! :laugh:

btw) Great catch for the Sens

too complicated for them:shakehead

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
My belief is that Lehner is going to take months to get back to health, let alone be "game-ready".

I see it playing out this way...Hammond re-signs and we start the year with double Andy action. When Lehner is ready to return, he gets a stint in Bingo with O'Connor.

When he's ready to return, we deal Hammond.

Diesel77

Apr 12, 2014
I just threw this in the Trade Rumors thread but thought I'd share it here. Just found this highlight video of O'Connor. Should be pretty pumped up about this guy. Sens organization is looking nice right now.

http://youtu.be/4TylD5v-6-g

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Let's see if Murray can pull off another trick and sign Hammond to a 2 way deal

WhiteLight*

Move Anderson
  1. Consistent injury problems
  2. Mysterious injury problems
  3. Bad communication with teammates/bad chemistry
  4. Oldest of the 4. Only Miller and Luongo are older than him league-wide, both Vezina caliber goalies in their prime.
  5. Most expensive
  6. No guarantee (not even close) he'll be the best of the 4 next year or in the future

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Let's see if Murray can pull off another trick and sign Hammond to a 2 way deal

Hammond would probably opt to wait for someone else to offer him a 1 way in that case. There are no guarantees but someone may want to take a chance at backup money for a ufa on a short deal.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
My belief is that Lehner is going to take months to get back to health, let alone be "game-ready".

I see it playing out this way...Hammond re-signs and we start the year with double Andy action. When Lehner is ready to return, he gets a stint in Bingo with O'Connor.

When he's ready to return, we deal Hammond.

That's what I see, too. Start the season with Anderson & Hammond. O'Connor and Dreidger in Bingo. Lehner getting healthy, coming back and going to Bingo for conditioning. Once Lehner is ready to return we take a look at where the team sits and decide who to move. Heck, at that point even if Hammond is on a one-way we might be able to return him to Bingo without anyone making a claim on him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Move Anderson
  4. Oldest of the 4. Only Miller and Luongo are older than him league-wide, both Vezina caliber goalies in their prime.
  5. Most expensive
  6. No guarantee (not even close) he'll be the best of the 4 next year or in the future
Biggest problem with moving him is that we have potential and little else behind him .He has provided us with nhl calibre goaltending ,moreso than anything else we posess ,so moving him is far too risky atm

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Move Anderson
  5. Most expensive

You forgot #7 - best goalie we have by a country mile.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Move Anderson
  5. Most expensive

"Bad Communication..." that's laughably stupid bordering straight libel.

He's easily one of the most-liked players in the locker room and relied upon for leadership.

Everyone knows that Methot was calling out Lehner for yelling and being a horrible communicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad