Confirmed with Link: Matt O'Connor signs with Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

Im pumped! cant wait to see what Murray decides to do this summer with all of our goalies!!

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Wow, you could buy me for a nickel. I really didn't expect that. At any rate, I'm pleased with that. You can't have enough assets or goaltenders.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
wallet_icon_free_psd_and_png_by_pixtea-d4u7q17.png

BigBush*

I wouldnt trade him let Hammy walk ,its the easier solution tbh

unless Lehner has decent value. if we can trade him to the west for Edmontons 2nd, and sign Hammond to be the back up, that's what I'd do

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
unless Lehner has decent value. if we can trade him to the west for Edmontons 2nd, and sign Hammond to be the back up, that's what I'd do

This won't happen.

It's going to be a packaged deal for a top 6 forward at Edmonton. I'm seeing a goalie, a defenseman and either a prospect or a pick going for one of their top 6. If we go for Eberle, I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffman is in the mix for the trade.

My preference?

Cowen, Lehner, Prospect/Hoffman, First round pick this year for Taylor Hall. And that's just me being me. (Get that kid out of that hellhole and have him play with a decent D and we might see the emergence of the number 1.)

BigBush*

This won't happen.

It's going to be a packaged deal for a top 6 forward at Edmonton. I'm seeing a goalie, a defenseman and either a prospect or a pick going for one of their top 6. If we go for Eberle, I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffman is in the mix for the trade.

My preference?

Cowen, Lehner, Prospect/Hoffman, First round pick this year for Taylor Hall. And that's just me being me. (Get that kid out of that hellhole and have him play with a decent D and we might see the emergence of the number 1.)

I'd like this, but I doubt Charelli moves one of these star players in Edmonton this year. He'll give them the year under the microscope im pretty sure.

Charelli will be much more willing to move picks.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
People forget that only a few years ago, Hammond was basically in O'Connor's spot.

Maybe not as highly touted but its the same situation. Temper expectations.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Yay! Nice signing by management.

Unless we get a good offer, I don't want to trade Lehner. Just let Hammond become a UFA.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
I'd like this, but I doubt Charelli moves one of these star players in Edmonton this year. He'll give them the year under the microscope im pretty sure.

Charelli will be much more willing to move picks.

McTavish was bullish on not moving the core.

Chiarelli understands what Edmonton needs and will be more willing to break his overloaded core for defence. Remember what he built in Boston. That's going to be somewhat of a template he'll want to use, just have ridiculously awesome player in McDavid whereas he never had that kind of star power in Boston.

He'll wanna shore up on a goalie and defensemen. Specially considering they gave Petry away like they did to Montreal.

BigBush*

McTavish was bullish on not moving the core.

Chiarelli understands what Edmonton needs and will be more willing to break his overloaded core for defence. Remember what he built in Boston. That's going to be somewhat of a template he'll want to use, just have ridiculously awesome player in McDavid whereas he never had that kind of star power in Boston.

He'll wanna shore up on a goalie and defensemen. Specially considering they gave Petry away like they did to Montreal.

I agree, I just highly doubt it'll happen THIS off season. He'll give Hall/Nuge/Eberle/Draisaitl a chance to preform this year.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
if we know Lehner will be healthy at some point, then I rather keep him for the potential over Hammond. That enables a possible O'Connor vs Lehner future.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
So now ideally our starting lineup is:

Stone

Karlsson

Anderson
Lehner
Hammond
O'Connor, all standing across the crease.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
People forget that only a few years ago, Hammond was basically in O'Connor's spot.

Maybe not as highly touted but its the same situation. Temper expectations.

So in 3 years, O'Connor goes on a 19-1-3 run? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad