Confirmed with Link: Matt Murray to Ottawa for Jonathan Gruden + 2020 2nd (52nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
TSN is reporting a 5 year deal.

Free Agency

Edit: They have fixed it now to 4 years. It was saying 5 years for about 15 minutes after it was reported.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
More than I expected, we really need to see Stanley cup champion Murray for that money. Nice to see us spending real money though.

back to back championships

I don’t like the contract. And he has a ton to prove still. It’s been a couple years since he’s been a top goalie and it’ll hard to bounce back in front of this team

Reactions: Smeddy

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
I hope you’re right but it could also just be shifting the dollars to years where there will be less COVID impact.

Exactly. But I thnk that would be a Murray ask, not the Sens. Would you rather get 25-40% escrow pulled back on $8M or $4m?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Year 3 and 4 fit with the time where they hope to compete so it's good in that sense. Maybe a touch too expensive but if he plays well it will be worth it.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Exactly. But I thnk that would be a Murray ask, not the Sens. Would you rather get 25-40% escrow pulled back on $8M or $4m?

Good point. Could be both as the sens might want some positive cash flow from the gate revenue to cover the higher salary.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Seems like we're paying for the Matt Murray of a few years ago. I would have liked to keep term short at that price and see how he plays backstopping a bottom-feeder. The Pittsburgh Penguins, we are not.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Escrow is set at 20% with another 10% in deferred pay this coming season. There's also the likelihood that this year has prorated contracts due to the condensed season.

So, a 1 million dollars this year, may end up ends up being prorated to about 600k, 20% of which is held back for escrow that you might never see again, and another 10% deferred to be paid over a 3 year span down the road.

It's possible you see less than 50 cents on the dollar of this years salary...

Edit: I'm just guessing on the prorated bit, it might be covered by the 10% deferral and escrow, idk. In which case, you're getting 80 cents on the dollar, with 10 cents of it deferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad