Value of: Matt Duchene

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dang was hoping he got better in Dallas guess not
He's been wonderful in Dallas. Ignore the Avs' fan who is holding a 7 year grudge for some absurd reason. Stars' fans could say the exact same shit about Nichushkin, but we don't. Players change and people mature.

I don't know if I'd sign him to be a legit #1 center who's the focal point of the offense, but as a high-end secondary scorer, he's about as good as you could ask for.

I think his production is going to drop a bit given he's in a contract year. With Dallas having Bourque still stuck in the AHL, I think it might be best for the Stars and Duchene to split. He'll get more money elsewhere.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He's been wonderful in Dallas. Ignore the Avs' fan who is holding a 7 year grudge for some absurd reason. Stars' fans could say the exact same shit about Nichushkin, but we don't. Players change and people mature.

I don't know if I'd sign him to be a legit #1 center who's the focal point of the offense, but as a high-end secondary scorer, he's about as good as you could ask for.

I think his production is going to drop a bit given he's in a contract year. With Dallas having Bourque still stuck in the AHL, I think it might be best for the Stars and Duchene to split. He'll get more money elsewhere.
A 2 year deal would probably keep hum playing on his A game, fir the Sabres he doesn't provide the two play mitts did but think he would be great as a 3c especially with how deep we are on the wings with savoie coming up we would have 3 capable lines and a 4th line of girgs, Krebs and Robinson would be a great energy forechecking line with speed. What type of player is duchene good with? Sabres have a variety with greenway,tuch,quinn,Benson, peterka and skinner

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

He playing Center or Wing?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He playing Center or Wing?

Kind of hybrid. He's been with Marchment (pure winger) and Seguin all year.

Seguin and Duchene both take faceoffs. Seguin takes the defensive responsibilities of a center, but Duchene plays more of the offensive breakout center aspects.

Hard to say honestly how he'd do as strictly a center or winger.

Dallas does this with most of their lines now, but it's a luxury.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Kind of hybrid. He's been with Marchment (pure winger) and Seguin all year.

Seguin and Duchene both take faceoffs. Seguin takes the defensive responsibilities of a center, but Duchene plays more of the offensive breakout center aspects.

Hard to say honestly how he'd do as strictly a center or winger.

Dallas does this with most of their lines now, but it's a luxury.
Being a pure center seemed to hamstring his effectiveness.

Reactions: LT

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I'd love to have him back on the Avs. I understand his frustration he had with the team. I attribute more of the failures to management under Sherman and Roy/Sakic and their rise to solo Sakic and Bednar than I would to Duchene before and after.

Reactions: glovesave_35 and LT

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I’d probably pay upwards of 6mil on a one or two year term on the leafs. I’ve been less impressed with Domi and Bertuzzi than some though.

It would be a good chance for him to pad his number playing with our core as well.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I think he and the Stars will come to a contract. He's 33. I'm thinking a deal similar to Pavelski's 2019-20 deal for 7x3.
If thats what he wants i'd look to keep him in Dallas. Offer him 3x5-6 ish which is the same years Seguin has remaining after this one . They work really well together and its not just Duchene . While Seguin was out Duchene was noticeably less visible.
I think the 3 number makes sense for the reasons listed- 3x7 in particular. But I also think there is someone out there that would definitely give him 4 years. Dallas landed Pavelski because they were willing to give out that extra year.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You don't want him around your young core homie, guy is a locker room cancer.
I can understand an Avs fan not liking him for his tenure there. But having listened to his weekly radio interviews in Dallas, he is not that same kid you are talking about. In all honesty, the way he talks makes him seem like an extremely down to earth person who really owns up to those past mistakes.

Reactions: piqued and LT
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Being a pure center seemed to hamstring his effectiveness.
He was asked in an interview when he signed what his expectations were in terms of position. He said all the right things about doing whatever the team needs. That seems like what has happened for the most part.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad