McKenzie: Matt Duchene: "Player Most Likely To Be Traded This Summer"

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It also kind of sounded like he linked this to the Islanders and Hamonic in the interview.

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
I once thought Duchene would be a Avalanche for life a few years ago. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

This off season should be an exciting one :)

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Would love to get him to the Sharks as their future #1C with Hertl being the #2C. Don't think we have the assets to get it done though.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I've been warming up to the idea of Duchene in Columbus, but I'm still very meh about it.

That's a lot of dinero.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
What happened to Couture?

Nothing. I just have my suspicions that he won't extend with the Sharks after his current contract is up after the 18-19 season. I suspect he'll be looking for his last big contract with a long-term deal as a 30-year old, and I don't think the Sharks will pony-up the term and he will likely want to go to a Cup contender (which I don't think the Sharks will be for the next several years).

Duchene has the same risk though (of not re-signing). So it's largely a pipe-dream. :)

EDIT: I should add that the guy I really dream about from Colorado is MacKinnon. Just a fantastic player who is a blast to watch. But if they trade him they are insane. And if they did, the Sharks couldn't afford him.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Assuming so, deals revolving around these players are what I would hope to see.

MTL: Sergechev
Car: Hanifin
NYI: De Haan
Col: Murray
SJ: Vlasic
Bruins: Carlo or Zboril

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Assuming so, deals revolving around these players are what I would hope to see.

MTL: Sergechev
Car: Hanifin
NYI: De Haan
Col: Murray
SJ: Vlasic
Bruins: Carlo or Zboril
That's the last thing the Bruins need to do.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Islanders should offer Sakic a choice of (3) of...

Nelson
Strome
2017 1st
Bellows
Dal Colle
De Haan

...And give Sakic a day to decide or the offer is pulled. If he can do better with Duchene god bless, but shopping around. He should know the market already for Duchene.

It's enough already.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Whoever gets him and thinks he will be a center will be disappointed. He is basically the modern day Olli Jokinen. I think the smartest team to acquire him would shift him to LW to be a Kessel type winger.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I've long thought Fowler would somehow wind up in Colorado, a Fowler/Duchene swap could be interesting.

Fowler would definitely be the LD that Sakic would be seeking in a Duchene deal, Just can't see Fowler committing long term to a team that's in need of a massive rebuild i could see him coming home to Detroit before committing to Colorado but that's just me.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
The Islanders should offer Sakic a choice of (3) of...

Nelson
Strome
2017 1st
Bellows
Dal Colle
De Haan

...And give Sakic a day to decide or the offer is pulled. If he can do better with Duchene god bless, but shopping around. He should know the market already for Duchene.

It's enough already.

If I was Colorado I would definitely consider this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad