Matt Cooke vs. Evander Kane (04/10/10) (you tube pg 8)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Cooke isnt even a fighter... Kane dropped his gloves and got position on Cooke before Cookie even got his gloves off.. Totally cheap and unfair.. Then the final punch that he threw when Cooke was on the ice was dirty as heck. The NHL should of investigated it but wont because it happened to a Penguin. If they would of fought fairly Cookie would of destroyed him but that wasnt the case

Epic Fail!

Also, I have watched the video of the fight about 1,000 times and it has gotten better each time.:nod: GO KANE!! GO THRASHERS!!!(next season)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well, Evander Kane is now my favorite non-Ranger.

That couldn't have happened to a worse guy. Cooke is awful.

tombradyrulz

Feb 9, 2010
The Hammer
Cooke isnt even a fighter... Kane dropped his gloves and got position on Cooke before Cookie even got his gloves off.. Totally cheap and unfair.. Then the final punch that he threw when Cooke was on the ice was dirty as heck. The NHL should of investigated it but wont because it happened to a Penguin. If they would of fought fairly Cookie would of destroyed him but that wasnt the case

No. Just....no. I hope you intended that as a joke. Cooke pestered and started **** with Kane, Kane responded, if Cooke wasn't ready, it's his own fault. As for the second punch he threw, pretty sure he threw it because he didn't think Cooke had such a glass jaw. He missed it anyways. Oh and he helped Cooke out by holding his jersey as he collapsed onto the ice and not letting his head slam onto the ice.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Don`t mess with Evander Hol..er Kane.
That guy is one tough cookie.
And that`s the beauty of hockey, what goes around, comes around. Karma sucks and so does Matt Cooke.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I still haven't seen the hit on Crosby that started this madness. Can anyone fill me in?
Well Kane pushed/tackled/got in the way so that Sidney hit the goalpost a bit, then Sid got a little mad, pushed Kane and when Kane started pushing back a couple of Pittsburgh goons came to defend Crosby and stopped Kane. Something like that, but nothing that serious...

ZacUSNYR

Mar 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
Holy crap. I was hearing about this and went to watch the youtube. I lol'ed when I watched it. Cooke trying to instigate Kane and he got knocked out. New level of respect for Kane!

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Messing with a kid from a boxing family, named after Atlanta's own Evander Holyfield.

Thank you, Matt Cooke, for showing such excellent judgment.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

I remember my first hockey game too.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
donkey%20oatie%20image.jpg

Hai guyzz, Matt Cooke here.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com

bg2rzd.jpg

-The NHL won't investigate the fight not because Cooke is a Penguin, but because there's nothing to investigate. Furthermore, the NHL calls usually go for Pittsburgh, not the other way around.

-Cooke instigated the fight. He's in charge of his actions, and if he's going around talking **** to teenagers without expecting to drop the gloves, that's his fault.

-Evander Kane was actually classy enough to hold Cooke so he didn't hit his head against the ground. At no point during Kane's punches was Cooke's head on the ice, that was after the fact.

-If this had been a "fair fight" like you said, the only difference would be Cooke would take more than two punches to be dropped.

In closing, stop saying words.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
Cooke violated the Code in the first place by going after an eighteen year-old rookie. Any ten-year league veteran should have more respect for the game than that, but little did he realize that Evander was named after Holyfield and his father was a professional boxing instructor. Don't ever mess with Black Magic!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

:laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: You have to be kidding :laugh:

Cooke deserved that and more.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
There is a picture out there of the knock out punch... perfect timing with Cooke's face contorting and everything....

Has it been posted or has someone seen it?

can you find the link?

I saw it... but don't remember where i saw it now...

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Cooke violated the Code in the first place by going after an eighteen year-old rookie. Any ten-year league veteran should have more respect for the game than that, but little did he realize that Evander was named after Holyfield and his father was a professional boxing instructor. Don't ever mess with Black Magic!

As a Canuck fan i have to say he had it coming i liked Cooke in his early days he wasnt as dirty but his last couple of seasons here were much the same cheap shots and run Karma did catch up and no doubt he had earned it , great work Kane :yo:

Bubbles99

Nov 27, 2009
Rome, GA
There is a picture out there of the knock out punch... perfect timing with Cooke's face contorting and everything....

can you find the link?

Someone posted it in the Evander Kane thread on the Thrashers HF forum. It is an awesome pic!:yo:

hydromel

Sep 12, 2005
shut it

can you find the link?

photo taken by a thrashers fan at the game.....

fans.thrashers

AS7D3630a_Kane_Cropped_72ppi.jpg

Juneemoon

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
That guy takes pictures at every Thrashers home game and afterwards posts them on the Thrashers official boards under "Top 10 pictures from _______ game" threads. His photography is incredible. I don't even think he is a professional.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Well Kane pushed/tackled/got in the way so that Sidney hit the goalpost a bit, then Sid got a little mad, pushed Kane and when Kane started pushing back a couple of Pittsburgh goons came to defend Crosby and stopped Kane. Something like that, but nothing that serious...

Yeah, but that happened AFTER Crosby cross-checked Kane in the back while he was down because of a REGULAR check along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad