Matt Cooke vs. Evander Kane (04/10/10) (you tube pg 8)

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
Can't wait to see Kane next fight in his career, the guy is really good at it. Hell, I would not be even sure if Kane would lose against a heavyweight like Godard or even BGL.

Lol...as much as I liked what happened, lets not go too far, it was one punch and could have happened to anyone. Doesn't mean that he is a great fighter! Kane would get destroyed by a legit heavy!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
One more guy Mattie Coward will have to avoid for the rest of his career. He'll make sure Kane isn't on the ice when he lines up some Thrasher Euro from the blind side next year.

dfk711*

Cooke DEFINITELY got what he had coming to him, but Kane fought with his visor and helmet on. Even though it wasn't much of a fight.. :P

Cooke fought with his on too, Kane just knows how to fight and took it off of him.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
cookecrayonnote.png

Jahodac

Feb 12, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Not really karma, it was going to happen sometime considering how Cooke plays. To be honest, I don't know what all the HF fuss is about. He got knocked out and got back up and is now ready to go for the playoffs. His "karma" injury has yet to happen and I am sure there will be another thread like this when it does saying that it is "karma" again.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
Lol...as much as I liked what happened, lets not go too far, it was one punch and could have happened to anyone. Doesn't mean that he is a great fighter! Kane would get destroyed by a legit heavy!

I boxed with a family friend who used to be a pro boxer. I knocked him down before. Guess what ? I could box him another 1,000 times and not do it again. That is the reason their is a saying called a "punchers chance".

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Kane = Pain!!

Add me to the Kane fan list and if Kane never wins another fight the rest of his hopfully long career , He will still be the greatest fighter in the history of the NHL!

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Wow, replay makes it look like Kane hit his head into the ice (unintentionally) as they went down. Nasty.

Kane prevented him from hitting his head on the ice by holding onto his jersey, it looked like.

Cooke's a weasel but I'm glad he didn't get hurt worse.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Man, that was awesome!

After watching him spear people, sucker-punch people and run around for ten years, he finally gets what he deserves.

Psalms

Oct 13, 2007
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but i guess if i had to choose someone to take one for the team it would be Matt Cooke.

Thanks Matt

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
That cross just demolished him, he was unconscious falling, a long time prior to hitting the ice. Kane with a few more pounds of muscle on him will be a force to reckon with in coming years.
I can appreciate how Kane held on to his jersey as Cooke fell to prevent a head on collision with the ice, classy move if intentional.
His kind of hits have a price, and what goes around comes around.. have to admit I enjoyed him getting KO'ed.

Guins*

Cooke isnt even a fighter... Kane dropped his gloves and got position on Cooke before Cookie even got his gloves off.. Totally cheap and unfair.. Then the final punch that he threw when Cooke was on the ice was dirty as heck. The NHL should of investigated it but wont because it happened to a Penguin. If they would of fought fairly Cookie would of destroyed him but that wasnt the case

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Cooke isnt even a fighter... Kane dropped his gloves and got position on Cooke before Cookie even got his gloves off.. Totally cheap and unfair.. Then the final punch that he threw when Cooke was on the ice was dirty as heck. The NHL should of investigated it but wont because it happened to a Penguin. If they would of fought fairly Cookie would of destroyed him but that wasnt the case

You haven't watched very much hockey have you?

You've probably only known Cooke as a Penguin...

He has a long history of cheap shotting and turtling. He isn't the fighter you make him out to be.

It's funny too because the Penguins are probably my second favorite team but there is no way I can be passionate for Cooke. I understand he plays for your team and I understand rooting for you team and it's players but Cooke is one guy, even if he was on the Wild, would not care at all what happened to him. He doesn't care for anyone else's safety or careers so can't say I feel an ounce of sorry for the guy. And no, I have no affinity to Boston or Marc Savard. I have just seen too much of Cooke the past ten years.

claude boivin lives

flat out spectacular
Jan 10, 2008
This post is hilarious. :laugh:

Bubbles99

Nov 27, 2009
Rome, GA

So then I guess you thought that Cookie's(what a pathetic nickname) dirty hit on Savard should have resulted in a suspension? Oh, but I guess the NHL would suspend him since he is a penguin? Your team gets the most biased officiating in the entire league!

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

Cooke started the fight, Kane finished it. You have to be one of the biggest homers I have seen on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad