Injury Report: Matt Cooke - Sports Hernia, out 5-6 weeks (Feb. 6)

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
While it really sucks to lose someone like Cooke in our bottom 6, we do have the depth to handle his absence and I'm going to enjoy seeing guys like Sutter or Schroeder get more of an opportunity up here.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I feel like you could tell Cooke was trying to play through something. I kept thinking in my head about that quote he had about everyone having each other's back in the locker room etc. then not go all out for certain plays on the ice. I think he wanted to, but wasn't physically able to do what he wanted during games.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
For me, you saw what he added to the team even whilst out in a lot of those playoff wins last year where he was the first guy in the tunnel hugging and high fiving everyone and you could see he was a "locker room guy" that would be good for the team.

That may right now be the biggest drawback to him being out. Interesting to see who the replacement will be.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Will need practice and conditioning to get back in but at least he'll be there with the team too. And assuming playoffs, he'll be rested and ready to go hopefully

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad