Injury Report: Matt Cooke - Sports Hernia, out 5-6 weeks (Feb. 6)

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah...he hasn't looked very great the last few games in terms of mobility. Always looks like he's a little strained while skating.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Quick give him an assistant coaching gig so he can at least stay on the bench. Wild are better with his voice on the bench/locker room.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Too bad if we ended up out of the playoffs at the deadline I wanted us to deal him for a 3rd or 4th and cut 2.5mil salary next year.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Addition by subtraction.

When fully healthy, he should be the guy eating Nachos in the press box. But Yeo would never consider that.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Addition by subtraction.

When fully healthy, he should be the guy eating Nachos in the press box. But Yeo would never consider that.

I think Cooke brings something to the team. I feel like he brings a bit of energy that rubs off on his linemates. As well as a guy who can play on the PK.

He's no all star, but I think he's a commodity.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think Cooke brings something to the team. I feel like he brings a bit of energy that rubs off on his linemates. As well as a guy who can play on the PK.

His mobility is gone. Whether its due to age, or injury he was a liability on the ice and a give away machine.

For a guy with limited puck skills, dump and chase was his game. He just can't chase like he used to, so every time he dumped the puck it was an instant turn over.

While he's still better than some of our AHL options, when fully healthy Fontaine, Haula, Carter and Brodz should not be scratched for him. And they all were at some point or another.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Cooke is also the only guy on the roster with a personality.

"What's that supposed to mean...."

dQZrvma.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Agreed. I think his injury this year has slowed him down a bit.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Not lately when ever his line his on the ice they are always defending and can never get the puck out of their own zone. Then the next line does the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad