Confirmed with Link: Matt Bartkowski signed to PTO (Update, 2 year deal 2 way)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's just a PTO, if he's signed through next year it doesn't mean anything except we don't have to rush to re-sign someone. As we've seen, Tre likes to take him time re-signing guys. This also allows more TDL flexibility if we're out.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
No chance Bartowski goes from AHL'er to top-four next to Brodie overnight. That's something out of Darry Sutter's playbook (Lundmark), not Treliving's.

Most likely, signed Bartowski means the Flames don't have to overpay Jokipakka in short order just to meet the expansion draft requirements.

What? Chiasson went from being cut by Ottawa to Calgary top line overnight. Tre is no stranger to that play book.

I remember when people were worried we will lose Joki to Las Vegas, lol good times...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Way to boost the guys confidence

There's talk of a 2 year, two-way contract on the way for him.
It's not like they didn't paint the picture of the 'ol Owski.

I have a feeling Wideman/Jyrki might be out the door pretty soon, instead of having to trade for a Dman or making one of the AHL guys sit in the pressbox; may as well have a guy making league minimum do it. I think he'll have a positive impact on the Heat next year too, they desperately need some NHL'ers on the backend.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Chiasson was cut by Ottawa? News to me.

Couldn't crack Ottawa's scoring lines, was overpaid and not needed for a bottom 6 role. Traded for career AHLer.

Yeah, cut from the team. AKA dead weight.

Promptly inserted into CGY top line alongside Gaudreau by our accomplished duo Treliving - Gulutzan.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

Exactly what this team needs, another borderline NHL defender. Somewhere Jay Feaster is having a deep guttural chuckle.

Have to think this is just Treliving covering all his expansion draft bases.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Canucks fans coming in peace. Skates like the wind. Plays D like a 9 year old. You're going to hate him.
He won't play more than 14 minutes a night and can't be any worse than Jokipakka has been

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Canucks fans coming in peace. Skates like the wind. Plays D like a 9 year old. You're going to hate him.

Lol, awesome description; appreciate the candidness. It's odd because we generally try to stay away from these low hockey IQ types, or at least that is what Tre says he does anyway.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
TeP8yaW.png

Best case scenario:

Giordano-Hamilton
Kulak-Brodie
Bartkowski-Engelland

Yes, I know Kulak will likely be sent down but nothing's official yet.

Most likely scenario:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Engelland
Bartkowski-Wideman

Neither Wideman nor Bartkowski can play defence so this will be fun.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
A thought, did Hamilton and Bartkowski ever play together for a significant period on the Bruins?

Not that I can see. I think he's just the defenceman we intend to expose for the expansion draft. Imagine if he has a good first couple games, then he'll be "a perfect number 4" like Jokipakka was last year until people realized he was horrible.

The real question is what does this mean for our current 4-6? All three of them could end up gone.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Not that I can see. I think he's just the defenceman we intend to expose for the expansion draft. Imagine if he has a good first couple games, then he'll be "a perfect number 4" like Jokipakka was last year until people realized he was horrible.

The real question is what does this mean for our current 4-6? All three of them could end up gone.

Certainly makes it easier to trade one of them as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00