Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Hossa isnt close to Zucc. Hossa was an unreal player but he is past his prime... Not that good anymore. Could really see it last season that Hossa was declining pretty badly.

Kopitar, Josi and Zuccarello(in that order) are the 3 best players on Team Europe imo.

Hossas not that good anymore is still pretty awesome.

Draisaitl is very good too, but I think Zuccarello is better. Maybe because I've watched him more, or maybe I just assume the Oilers organization is going to ruin him.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I think you left off a huge player for the future that should be included among the top for Europe's team. He plays for the Oilers and his name starts with a D.

No i didnt... I named what i think is the 3 best players on the european team. I think Drai is #4 and not far behind tho

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No i didnt... I named what i think is the 3 best players on the european team. I think Drai is #4 and not far behind tho

Im very impressed with Drai going forward but all 4 are good players so I can understand your point of view.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Im very impressed with Drai going forward but all 4 are good players so I can understand your point of view.

Yep he is extremely good specially when he gets the puck on his stick. Very smart and great offensive insticts. He also is pretty fast and will become a great player, still very young aswell!
Watched a good amount of Edm last season because i just think its crazy how bad they are with so many good players. Obviously the lack of great defenders is the problem but Hall, Ebs, RNH, Drai and ofc Mcjesus are all damn fun to watch.

We will se alot of Hall now and im pretty sure he will burn Girardi every time they get matched up against each other...

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yep he is extremely good specially when he gets the puck on his stick. Very smart and great offensive insticts. He also is pretty fast and will become a great player, still very young aswell!
Watched a good amount of Edm last season because i just think its crazy how bad they are with so many good players. Obviously the lack of great defenders is the problem but Hall, Ebs, RNH, Drai and ofc Mcjesus are all damn fun to watch.

We will se alot of Hall now and im pretty sure he will burn Girardi every time they get matched up against each other...

I look at Hall as the one that got away from many teams. I think many teams could have given a better package than just Larsson.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Let's be clear unless he is getting us a Shattenkirk or Trouba I have zero desire to move zuccarello.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yes, let's move Zucc, we can't have any very cost effective players on the team. Wouldn't that be the irony, Zucc signed a discount to the franchise twice and is rewarded with a trade, because he signed a discount. Maybe that would learn him you are loyal to clubs, but you are never loyal to a franchi$e.

member 116805

Yes, let's move Zucc, we can't have any very cost effective players on the team. Wouldn't that be the irony, Zucc signed a discount to the franchise twice and is rewarded with a trade, because he signed a discount. Maybe that would learn him you are loyal to clubs, but you are never loyal to a franchi$e.

If he is traded after taking those home town deals it would be interesting the next time NYR brass ask a player to take a discount

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If he is traded after taking those home town deals it would be interesting the next time NYR brass ask a player to take a discount

I would suspect every Meehan group FA will be instructed not to give any discount unless it comes with a full NMC for the life of the deal.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I would suspect every Meehan group FA will be instructed not to give any discount unless it comes with a full NMC for the life of the deal.

I haven´t followed NHL very long, but I have realized that much, there is no such thing as club loyalty in the NHL. Zero. It is pure business. Zucc has won the hearts of the Rangers fans, and will be remembered forever. But he is not at all safe from being traded.

But I actually cannot see any realistic trades involving Zucc. Yes, I can see that it makes sense with a trade for Trouba, but why on earth would Jets accept such a trade? A 22 yeard old Troba for 29 year old Zucc?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I haven´t followed NHL very long, but I have realized that much, there is no such thing as club loyalty in the NHL. Zero. It is pure business. Zucc has won the hearts of the Rangers fans, and will be remembered forever. But he is not at all safe from being traded.

But I actually cannot see any realistic trades involving Zucc. Yes, I can see that it makes sense with a trade for Trouba, but why on earth would Jets accept such a trade? A 22 yeard old Troba for 29 year old Zucc?

I think the Jets would accept the deal if they needed a forward, but they don't. They need a LD, and the only thing of value we could offer is McDonagh, and the Jets would have to add to that. Or maybe Skjei and we add, but it'd be a big add and again, I don't know what else they would want with Skjei other than picks which we are low on. It's more realistic that we trade Zucc for a LD and immediately swap that LD+ for Trouba.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The Jets sit with all the power here. Trouba is not interested in wasting a full season of his playing career over a tantrum, and he will sign an extension by Dec 1st unless someone coughs up a deal too good to pass up

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
The Jets sit with all the power here. Trouba is not interested in wasting a full season of his playing career over a tantrum, and he will sign an extension by Dec 1st unless someone coughs up a deal too good to pass up

Very good post. It appears to fly above most people's heads that the Jets set a very high price on Trouba (young LHD with equivalent talent and NHL experience) because they will likely only trade him for an equal value - preferably in a 1-1 deal. They set the price high because they are girded for a protracted dance with the agent and the team holds the cards.

The Jets don't miss him in their lineup and have outscored their exhibition opposition by a combined 17-4 over the past 4 games (am aware that exhibition results don't count). Josh Morrissey has been freakin' amazing at D in camp and looks to have a job sewed up. The Jets will ice a much deeper lineup this season with or without Trouba.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
No necessarily, if Trouba sits out whole year Winnipeg loses out on assets that could be helping them this year. They're not a team rebuilding, they are trying to make the playoffs.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Very good post. It appears to fly above most people's heads that the Jets set a very high price on Trouba (young LHD with equivalent talent and NHL experience) because they will likely only trade him for an equal value - preferably in a 1-1 deal. They set the price high because they are girded for a protracted dance with the agent and the team holds the cards.

The Jets don't miss him in their lineup and have outscored their exhibition opposition by a combined 17-4 over the past 4 games (am aware that exhibition results don't count). Josh Morrissey has been freakin' amazing at D in camp and looks to have a job sewed up. The Jets will ice a much deeper lineup this season with or without Trouba.

@Gump, I know Winnipegs want a huge package or they rather keep him if Jacob sign - if not Trouba will decline fast on that `elite` talent rumor surrounding Jacob Trouba.

Jacob doesnt want to play left side with Winnipegs, because he feel insecure in that position hence why he dont sign with the org. or perhaps he is not interested to play for Winnipegs since he was drafted.
Yes, I`m updated, and listened to WHT Podcast related to the topic.

http://mkpk279.podomatic.com/entry/2016-09-29T16_21_40-07_00?utm_source=web-

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I only watched the replay from tonights game, and it looked like Zuccarello was on fire. Too bad none of the chances went in.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
“Step and Zucc have been awesome to me,” Vesey said. “It’s been an easy transition playing with them. They’re so smart out there and really slow the game down when they have the puck. They’re always looking pass when I’m open and put the puck on my stick. It’s good as a young guy to play with two experienced guys that know the game so well and are a great help to me in the locker room. Zucc sits next to me and we’re always talking about stuff that goes on when we’re on the ice. At practice we’re always having a good time. He’s definitely a good personality for the team and a really funny guy. It’s been awesome to get to know him.”
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/26/new-york-rangers-iimmy-vesey-jeff-gorton-wfan/

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Vigneault was looking forward to Kreider’s return for many reasons, one being so he could reunite him on a line with center Mika Zibanejad and right-wing Mats Zuccarello, whom he called “one of the best passers I’ve seen in this league.”

“I think that can be a dynamic line,” Vigneault said. “A lot of speed, combined with skill. And [Zuccarello] is maybe not known for his defensive play, but he does play well defensively. He’s not afraid to block shots, he’s not afraid to get in there and help our defense. So I see that line as a good combination, and we played it together and they have played well.”
http://nypost.com/2016/10/26/dylan-mcilrath-or-josh-jooris-rangers-have-to-dump-one/

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Where will Buch play then?

Probably top 9 @Snowblind.
I like the Stepan line when Vesey - Stepan - Zuci played together when Vesey had his first NHL goal. They figure out chemistry for sure, but I think AV tried to get Nash going since he has been invisible on the Hayes line in the beginning of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad