Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello (Mod warning post #24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Mats still struggling with effects from his brain contusion. Among other things he messes up words, he toe picks more, both when walking and skating, and he feels a numbness in his right leg.

https://www.nhl.com/news/mats-zucca...-for-2015-16-season/c-279812130?tid=278626548

It cannot be understated just how dangerous brain injuries are and we're just scratching the surface of what there is to know.

It's not just the obvious signs - motor skills, headaches, etc.

It's also the mental aspects - mood swings, depression, anxiety, etc.

A brain injury is like subjecting your body to some of the most harmful drugs on the planet.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A 100% well deserved nomination. I did not even take in to account the nice things he does to help other people in the off season.

If I was Zooks I would save as much money as possible now. Play 3 more years than retire when this contract is over. Maybe run a hockey program in NY or Norway after he retires.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Puck Daddy has him as their favorite to win the Masterton, with Jagr in second and Dupuis in third.

I think either Zuccarello or Dupuis will win it. I hope Zucc does, but considering Dupuis has recently retired, and has played through a lot of scary ****, I think Dupuis will win, unfortunatly. Jagr will get the year he either announces his retirement, or if there isn't any other good candidates, but not this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-nominees-for-all-30-nhl-teams-173047437.html

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
28. Martin St. Louis on the similarities between himself and Mats Zuccarello: “When I first started, I used a very long stick, too. He was more of a pass-first guy and probably a bit better defensively than I was when I was young. Very similar game. Hard-nosed game.”

Zuccarello has said how much St. Louls helped him. “I told him at one point, ‘People know how tough you are, you don’t need to keep proving it.’ It’s too tiring. You’ll get hurt and won’t have energy when you need the puck. It wears you down. Don’t waste all that energy. Pick your spots better and you’ll have juice in the tank.”

Second piece of advice: “Believe in yourself. I know you always feel you have to prove yourself to other people, because you’re not a high draft pick. But, you have to stop putting everyone else on a pedestal because you were not supposed to be here. That doesn’t mean you don’t stop being respectful of others, just don’t disrespect yourself.”

So, when did St. Louis stop disrespecting himself? “Once I got a chance on the top two lines in Tampa.” Was he ever comfortable that he’d made it? “I don’t think that ever happened.”
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-adam-oates-responds-critics/

Last edited:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc with a new milestone against Carolina. His 200th NHL-point.
And a 25 goal season.

He needs 2 more points to get 60 points, and beat his personal best at 59.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
As a Canes fan, I have to say that I thought Zuccarello was the best player on the ice tonight. Holy smokes he looked dangerous every time he was in our zone. He is not only incredibly fast, but also elusive, like Jussi Jokinen was. He has soft hands and twirls his body out of contact so well. I knew Zuc was good, but I was floored by his play tonight.

Best of luck to you all. I thought it was a close, evenly-played game last night. I also liked what I saw out of Kevin Klein and Kevin Hayes. And that Nash goal was one of the filthiest snipes I'd ever seen.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDlAAthL2N6/?taken-by=matszuccarello

I'm guessing the awkward line delivery is intentional:
"I'm a professional ice hockey player, and between work outs I need something to keep me going. Then, Lion bar is the perfect..."

My brother sent me this because I've been studying Norwegian, but I seriously couldn't understand a word because they all started yelling right away. I thought there were two videos playing at the same time.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
As a Canes fan, I have to say that I thought Zuccarello was the best player on the ice tonight. Holy smokes he looked dangerous every time he was in our zone. He is not only incredibly fast, but also elusive, like Jussi Jokinen was. He has soft hands and twirls his body out of contact so well. I knew Zuc was good, but I was floored by his play tonight.

Best of luck to you all. I thought it was a close, evenly-played game last night. I also liked what I saw out of Kevin Klein and Kevin Hayes. And that Nash goal was one of the filthiest snipes I'd ever seen.

Thanks for your impression. Zooks has added a lot of shiftiness to his game along the boards and behind the net. I think he is great behind the net. He is using his lateral skating so well on the boards. He also is picking his spots on that right side of the net better. He is hitting the top shelf now.

Skinner is a pretty dangerous guy on your team as well.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
WELCOME MATS

Mats Zuccarello is expected to skate in his 300th career NHL game in tonight’s contest. Zuccarello has notched 23 points (seven goals, 16 assists) in the last 27 games, including 10 points (four goals, six assists) in the last 11 games. He has tallied all of his career-high 25 goals and 52 of his team-high 58 points this season when the Rangers have either led by one goal, trailed by one goal, or were tied in the contest. In addition, 50 of Zuccarello’s 58 points in 2015-16 have either been a goal or a primary assist.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2016/...campaign=Feed:+RangersReport+(Rangers+Report)

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
If half our guys had his heart and gave his second effort on shifts....they would be engraving Lord Stanley already . He should have an A on his jersey . A real leader .

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Congratulations to Zuccarello with a career high points. Less than a year since he got hit by the puck, and he has his best season ever, in both goals and points. What a story.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Congratulations to Zuccarello with a career high points. Less than a year since he got hit by the puck, and he has his best season ever, in both goals and points. What a story.

I second that. It`s amazing and i would never had guessed that he actually would hit 60 and above. I was hoping for 50 so he somehow justify his contract.
Lets hope he will continue to improve and that they don't trade him. Unless if it was as a rental for a contender, if (lord forbid) NYR should fail to reach play off in the coming three years.

Now I wish him and The Team a really strong post season.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
With 168 points (and counting) in the last 3 years Zooks has earned his money and more.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A record year is great - simply amazing after last year injury, congratulate, Zuci! ))

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Congratulations to Zooks for winning the extra effort award again! I wish AV would have kept Zooks playing with Stepan and Kreider. They usually play very well together and AV always breaks them up to get another player going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad