Mathieu Perreault

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
aucoin>perreault was not a head scratcher. you might not agree with the motivation but the reasoning made sense. aucoin was a veteran. he was consistant in his play and he made far fewer mistakes that lead to scoring chances against. veteran over young player is all that was.

perreault hasnt always hustled. his mo was always to go gangbusters his first couple games back in the lineup and then his production and then his overall play would retreat.
he could keep his edge.

oates says that its not about production but about playing the right way. he wants consistant play.

When you put a talented C with 4th liners, don't expect him to be a shutdown centerman.

When MP played with good wingers, he always fed them passes for scoring chances....and he always worked hard.
If you cannot find him a spot on an offensive line, trade him....somebody else will play him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
when you own his rights and you dont have to play him on a top 2 line to keep him, you keep him for when you do need him. he had 3 points last night playing on a non 1st or 2nd line. if backstrom or ribeiro got hurt, the caps would plug him right in there. if they traded him, who would they plug in there?

ribeiro is 8th in the league in scoring. so...are you saying the caps should trade backstrom to get perreault more minutes?

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I think it is more that you need to put him in a role he has the abilities to succeed in. Clearly centering a 3rd line with Fehr and Ward on it is working for the most part. But that isn't a line you want to match up against another team's top line as many other 3rd lines often are.

I guess if you were going to put together a line you would be fine matching up against other team's top lines from the Caps' on paper top 9, assuming Perreault is in the top 9 and I think he should be, it would be Backstrom centering some combination of Laich, Brouwer, and Ward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad