Player Discussion Mathieu Joseph (RW)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Do we know what play got Jo?

Don’t recall seeing anything specific on the play. You could see him slowly make his way to the bench and head down the tunnel at the end of the first period in Dallas. Think his injury last year happened in Dallas too.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I admit I was an advocate for trading the guy last year which goes to show I have no idea about what I'm talking about most of the time but his speed and forecheck is an issue for the opposition, especially on the PK. Love his game.

He doesn't look out of place in the top 6 either.

Liked the clip of Martin talking to the players on the bench which you seldom see DJ do while he was here. Accountability is refreshing and should have been mandatory.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I admit I was an advocate for trading the guy last year which goes to show I have no idea about what I'm talking about most of the time but his speed and forecheck is an issue for the opposition, especially on the PK. Love his game.

He doesn't look out of place in the top 6 either.

Liked the clip of Martin talking to the players on the bench which you seldom see DJ do while he was here. Accountability is refreshing and should have been mandatory.

I love this!

Great team guy and to me, a core type of player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Joseph is a glue guy. Not only he should not be traded but maybe extended as long as he is at that level. We need more of this, players who play with some fire.
They need another Joseph! This team needs an identity, guys like Brady, Grieg and Joseph bring energy and physicality every night. That's a good start, in the offseason they should try and focus on acquiring another player with this type of skillset. It's contagious. I believe this team has the skill players just need to get harder and faster on every line. Ya know Crookshank brought alot of energy and tenacity. Id think he could be a good fit for this identity. Also gotta get. Much harder on the back end, look how Vancouver is built after Hronek and Hughes. Ottawa needs two big heavy rd men and to insert Kleven on the third pair.

Reactions: Xspyrit and DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So we've gone from Paul>>>>Joseph, Dorion's an idiot and Joseph is overpaid by 1.x million to we need more guys like Joseph

Full circle on that one I guess

He wasn't good last night btw

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
So we've gone from Paul>>>>Joseph, Dorion's an idiot and Joseph is overpaid by 1.x million to we need more guys like Joseph

No one on the team was good last night, but over the full season he has been one of our more consistent forwards

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

I wouldn't use, "we". Not everyone thought it was bad.

Reactions: Agent Zub

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I wasn't among those who insisted on Joseph being overpaid but the way he looked last season, it seemed like just another pro scouting loss, like pretty much everything Dorion has touched.

So excuse us if we are celebrating a very isolated win. That doesn't make Paul garbage but as long as Joseph plays like he has this season, we got the better end of the stick.

Reactions: Cosmix and Codo37

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
1712498907310.png

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Is there a season that Mark Stone hasn't lead Takeaways/60? Absolutely nuts

Joseph has been great this season but he's better suited on a 3rd line.

Greig-Pinto-Joseph would be great as a 3rd line. One of them move up when/if Norris or someone else gets injured
Yeah, one thing I’d like to see next season is a more fixed third line that has consistent defensive responsibilities. Joseph is perfect for that role.

I lean towards Joseph - Greig - signed vet though. I don’t know if Pinto really belongs on a third line, but I suppose it depends on whether you can move Norris to the wing because it wouldn’t make sense to have Norris on the third line either.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, one thing I’d like to see next season is a more fixed third line that has consistent defensive responsibilities. Joseph is perfect for that role.

I lean towards Joseph - Greig - signed vet though. I don’t know if Pinto really belongs on a third line, but I suppose it depends on whether you can move Norris to the wing because it wouldn’t make sense to have Norris on the third line either.

What about?

Norris - Stutzle - Batherson
Tkachuk - Pinto - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - Noesen

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
What about?

Tkachuk - Pinto - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - Noesen
Yeah I like this a lot. Not sure about the first line from a defensive standpoint though lol, maybe switch Giroux and Batherson.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What about?

Tkachuk - Pinto - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - Noesen
Is that third line better than
Greig-Ostapchuk-Joseph?

(I’d also swap giroux and Norris if going with those players)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wasn't among those who insisted on Joseph being overpaid but the way he looked last season, it seemed like just another pro scouting loss, like pretty much everything Dorion has touched.

So excuse us if we are celebrating a very isolated win. That doesn't make Paul garbage but as long as Joseph plays like he has this season, we got the better end of the stick.
We got the better end of the stick? You’re saying you’d rather have Joseph than Paul? Disagree totally. That trade really hurts.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We got the better end of the stick? You’re saying you’d rather have Joseph than Paul? Disagree totally. That trade really hurts.
Eh, I don't see a big difference, two different players but in terms of the value each brings I don't think it's that far off. I'm happy with either guy tbh.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

It’s very close but Joseph is a little bit younger and he is faster, creates havoc with his speed. Ideally we’d have both.

We also got that 4th rounder, which compared to other Dorion trades, is a grand chelem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad