Confirmed with Link: Matheson and Rau called up, Regner & McFarland down

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
The best part about this....

They will both finally get added on NHL 16.

yay

They aren't already? But they're playing in the AHL, which means they're professionals at this point. What would the hold up on that be?

Will we ever see Crouse up?

Not this season if they can help it. He's in juniors and will probably remain there unless they desperately need him for the playoffs or somehow feel he's ready. I wouldn't want to rush him, though. He can't be called up otherwise.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
People need to chill on the mathesom hype... I know he's one of
Our highly touted prospects but there's a good chance he struggles up here... I don't think he's ready and I think this might just be a taste so he knows what to expect and what to work on... Also don't expect rau to light it up either... Big jump for these guys... I hope they succeed but I would temper my expectations for now

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Our highly touted prospects but there's a good chance he struggles up here... I don't think he's ready and I think this might just be a taste so he knows what to expect and what to work on... Also don't expect rau to light it up either... Big jump for these guys... I hope they succeed but I would temper my expectations for now

Voice of reason.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Nonsense, hatters for all!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
They aren't already? But they're playing in the AHL, which means they're professionals at this point. What would the hold up on that be?

Not this season if they can help it. He's in juniors and will probably remain there unless they desperately need him for the playoffs or somehow feel he's ready. I wouldn't want to rush him, though. He can't be called up otherwise.

Since Matheson and Rau are college players, they need to play in a pro (NHL) game to get the license for their name and "likeness" and info.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Good call.

I was expecting 5 goals from them combined,

I have lowered my expecations to 2 each.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013

This is true. Not expecting MM to be some savior or even stay up for long this year. Hopefully we see some flashes of talent though.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Who cares about NHL whatever number. Those lazy creators never change the game. They make minor cost-effective tweaks and then charge us all an arm and leg for the same result as last year except with one extra new animation. They aren't getting my money.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Who cares about NHL whatever number. Those lazy creators never change the game. They make minor cost-effective tweaks and then charge us all an arm and leg for the same result as last year except with one extra new animation. They aren't getting my money.

Playoff beards!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Is Matheson playing for Kampfer, is Gudbranson not going to be back Thursday, or is this just a 1 game cup of coffee?

vektorious

Nov 19, 2009
This is true. Not expecting MM to be some savior or even stay up for long this year. Hopefully we see some flashes of talent though.

You will definitely see flashes of talent. During rookie camp and training camp as well as pre season I saw flashes of talent from him frequently. Also some physicality which I didn't expect. A guy tried to check him in a pre season game and he dodged it and threw the guy over his back into the boards. It was a sick play. He had the puck as well at the blue line and controlled it perfectly while dodging the hit. His skating and stick handling are NHL ready at this point in my opinion. Just needs to shore up his defensive game and it won't be long before he is a regular IMO. Very excited to see our high end talent in the game.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver

I'm not sure anyone (at least not me) is expecting anything amazing right out of the box. But it's pretty exciting to have two college players finally called up. No disrespect to McF and Regner but it isn't like they are replacing a couple of solid Vet's, either. Unless they are both absolute tire fires in our end it's probably a step up.

Matheson being ready is somewhat dependent on QoC internally. If he plays easier minutes on the 3rd pair and then the second PP I think he will do well. Not Ghost well, but better than our current situation.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Excited to see both players, even though it will probably only be for a week or so until (hopefully) Guds and Barkov come back

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Funny how DT seemed to change his mind frame for both these players (Rau mostly) about leaving them a full season in the A. Let them get their feet under themselves, get accustomed to the pro game, make some mistakes down there.

Now that the Panthers are doing so well, its almost like DT wants to get everyone up here for a cup of coffee to get a taste of winning at the highest level. Really not many of the call-ups have been staying too long up here (Shaw the exception (Q & Petro both have graduated IMO)). Let them come up, have some success, then go right back down full of confidence and with a taste of winning.

Times, they are a changing...

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Funny how DT seemed to change his mind frame for both these players (Rau mostly) about leaving them a full season in the A. Let them get their feet under themselves, get accustomed to the pro game, make some mistakes down there.

Now that the Panthers are doing so well, its almost like DT wants to get everyone up here for a cup of coffee to get a taste of winning at the highest level. Really not many of the call-ups have been staying too long up here (Shaw the exception (Q & Petro both have graduated IMO)). Let them come up, have some success, then go right back down full of confidence and with a taste of winning.

Times, they are a changing...

We have injuries, we had to call 2 players up so why not have it be them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad