Confirmed with Link: Matheson and Rau called up, Regner & McFarland down

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Omg yes, that's so awesome. 2 big name prospects we finally get to see. Gotta say I'm excited. Too bad for McFarland though, he looked pretty good out there for his short stint. Why Rau though? I thought he was a center and that's why McKegg is up?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Makes sense to have Matheson play with Kampfer because we need two strong pairs and he's going to get sheltered minutes.

Rau not playing with Bjugstad makes sense given Bjugstad's role right now. we probably need to wait for Barkov to return to see them together.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
It's funny because I was just telling my wife last night that the guys called up in last night's game are pretty much going to be call-ups for their entire careers. Then, I mentioned Matheson and Rau specifically as the future and bringing them up at the wrong time might hurt their development.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to see them up with the big boys and am eager to see what they can do in the NHL-level. They both should have great futures ahead of them.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Wouldn't completely rule out a showcasing intention

Those are 2 players I really don't want to trade for a rental. If M&M is as good as advertised the Panthers are going to need him to replace Campbell. Rau is a gritty forward this team needs kind of like Gallagher in Montreal.

I've been happy with Wilson as a call up he's was throwing the body around pretty good last night.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I'm jacked to wake up to this news today. I feel like Matheson is a type of dman who will excel as "the new level" type of player from everything the insiders on HF say about his game.

Rau is a guy who every winning hockey team needs 2-3 of those type of kids with high energy, grit plus clutch goal factor. I loved watching him on the Bjugs line/PP line in college on Big10 network. A lot of nights I felt in Bjugs last year there , Rau was the leader/driver of that line. Their chemistry together was as good as Huberdeau and Joel Wards for Canada in WHC.

This should be fun to see boys!!

PS Like to see Rau play with Jagr on PP

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Those are 2 players I really don't want to trade for a rental. If M&M is as good as advertised the Panthers are going to need him to replace Campbell. Rau is a gritty forward this team needs kind of like Gallagher in Montreal.

I've been happy with Wilson as a call up he's was throwing the body around pretty good last night.

Yup. If Matheson is as good as he projects to be, he would be a worthy guy to have in the top 4 to replace/add to Campbell's offensive abilities.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Holy Jesus. Matheson's debut. Hope the kid plays decent. I don't want the trades proposals firing up.

Edit: And I liked what I saw from McFarland. I can see why he was so highly thought of at one point, I can see the tools. Hopefully he will become a regular down the line. I think he can bring an element to this team that we need: speed, skill, shot.

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The search for a winger for Bjugstad is over.

kgQmsIv.jpg

Last edited:

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
The search for a winger for Bjugstad is over.

kgQmsIv.jpg

Woke up and checked Twitter which led to running circles around the bed, to my gf's great displeasure :laugh: even without being on the same line you can tell NB is pumped his buddy is finally here.

Twitter says they are the 4th 'Mr. Hockey' winners to play together and as much as I love and respect Trent Klatt and Darby Hendrickson... I think they may have a chance at being the best :naughty:

I'll probably regret saying this, but I'm not at all worried about Matheson.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Congrats to both guys. They have worked hard adjusting their game on the pro level, so it should be fun to see how they do. Unfortunately, they will be saddled with limited minutes as Gallant will ease them into a comfort zone. If it's anything like the other call-ups, then they both will feel tethered to the conservative philosophy that young guys have to show defense first to get some latitude from Gallant's tight leash.

Matheson and Kampfer are both offensive defensemen by nature without the benefit of working together in a game. They should do well together 5 on 5 knowing they are on the ice for defensive purposes. Matheson and Rau will likely get PP time as they practices with the unit after Saturdays game.

I guess Wilson stays up for his semi enforcer capabilities.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
It would be awesome if one of Rau or Matheson suprises us so much we cant send them down because there good play. We really could use that kinda spark right now and in general that rarely happens with our call ups that they shine and make it a case to not send them down after 5-10 games once we get healthier

Off topic. GET SHAW OFF THE GOD DAMN PP!

I would rather seen Shaw sent down not McFarland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad