Martin Vagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresGuy*

Just wondering if some posters could fill me in on the potential of this player. The Stars didnt resign him, so I am curious to know if he is a complete bust or just not worth the big money. Where does everyone think he will be chosen this year? What are his skills? Weaknesses? Would it be worth it for a team like the Sabres, who are devoid of blueline prospects, to take a late round flier on him? Thanks!

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I think he will likely fall to the 4-6 round. Has good size and can skate. I would even be happy if the stars took him around there.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
SabresGuy said:
Just wondering if some posters could fill me in on the potential of this player. The Stars didnt resign him, so I am curious to know if he is a complete bust or just not worth the big money. Where does everyone think he will be chosen this year? What are his skills? Weaknesses? Would it be worth it for a team like the Sabres, who are devoid of blueline prospects, to take a late round flier on him? Thanks!

I've seen him play 4 or 5 times this year. The duo Vagner - O'Brien was without a doubt the best pair of defensemen in the QJMHL. However, O'Brien is way better than Vagner.

Vagner has good skating skills, great vision, but lacks of heart. Really lacks of heart. I wouldn't take him before the 3rd round, but he could become into a NHLer if he want.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd say after 150th-170th I would think some teams will take him into consideration. I'd take Brain Lee before Vagner, might not be a bad idea for the Habs as they could use some help on defense in Hamilton next year if Dykhuis is bought out and Traverse, Plante and Cote not resigned.

Vagner is big and skates well, seems decent in his own end, saw him in the memorial cup and twice at the wjc's. I thought he was in trouble of being resigned then, cause I felt he was outplayed by Tomas Linhart, who had a tough time in the OHL last year and has really fallen down the Habs depth chart after being a high pick in '02. Still he has some skills, I would think some team takes a shot on him with the later pick.

leafaholix*

He's awful... atleast the few times I saw him.

I say he goes undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad