Marner vs Tkachuk

Tkachuk or Marner?

• Total voters

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
That's the beauty of it. While Tkachuk doesn't look as good this year yet (making more mistakes than usual) and while I have zero problem with anyone saying Gio has been our best player (absolute beast), Tkachuk has undoubtedly still been our best forward and there's literally zero evidence to suggest Gaudreau or Lindholm have been better.

Monahan and Lindholm don't have PPG seasons so far without Gaudreau.

Tkachuk, as well as he's played, has not been able to lift his line mates to that level.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Monahan and Lindholm don't have PPG seasons so far without Gaudreau.

Tkachuk, as well as he's played, has not been able to lift his line mates to that level.

That is an extremely weird way to look at things... but even then, Tkachuk has been a part of 4 of Lindholm's points, Gaudreau only 5 despite way more time spent with him.

The fact Tkachuk is still tied for the team lead in points while also being better in literally every single analytical category despite not playing with as talented players like that top line makes it all that more impressive.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
That is an extremely weird way to look at things... but even then, Tkachuk has been a part of 4 of Lindholm's points, Gaudreau only 5 despite way more time spent with him.

The fact Tkachuk is still tied for the team lead in points while also being better in literally every single analytical category despite not playing with as talented players like that top line makes it all that more impressive.

But you could flip that and say his defensive prowess is a symptom of playing with Backlund and Frolik.

I think Gaudreau is more important to the Flames, that's all I'm saying. He is the Flames offense.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
That's the beauty of it. While Tkachuk doesn't look as good this year yet (making more mistakes than usual) and while I have zero problem with anyone saying Gio has been our best player (absolute beast), Tkachuk has undoubtedly still been our best forward and there's literally zero evidence to suggest Gaudreau or Lindholm have been better.

That’s my opinion that Chucky has been our 3rd best forward this year despite the point totals. Comes down to personal opinion.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Tkachuk is over a ppg and I honestly don't think he's been all that great so far. Like he's been good but I've also seen him play better for extended periods of time. Not having defensive responsibilities heaped on him has definitely helped jumpstart his production.

Still has to face the toughest competition for this team in terms of nightly matchups with Backs.
That line has been dominant. Dummied the Tavares line, MacKinnon line and held the Bergeron line off as much as you can even (they scored a few points in that game, but so did the Tkachuk/Backlund line).

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
lol Really?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Bring me any kind of evidence that suggests they've been better...

Tkachuk has just as good production with less quality linemates and infinitely better analytical statistics
Im not talking about Lindholm. Im only talking about Gaudreau. And what do u mean bring evidence??? Just watch a game and look at their point totals over the last 2 years. I love Tkachuks game but he cannot carry a line like Gaudreau. Tkachuks had the best start of his career and still he just tied Gaudreaus points total. I garuntee u by the end of the year Gaudreau will be way ahead. Sorry they are not on the same level at all.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Im not talking about Lindholm. Im only talking about Gaudreau. And what do u mean bring evidence??? Just watch a game and look at their point totals over the last 2 years. I love Tkachuks game but he cannot carry a line like Gaudreau. Tkachuks had the best start of his career and still he just tied Gaudreaus points total. I garuntee u by the end of the year Gaudreau will be way ahead. Sorry they are not on the same level at all.

Point totals isnt the be all end all when looking at a players value.

Gaudreau brings offense to the table. Tkachuk brings everything.

If Gaudreau outscores Tkachuk by only 10-15 points, everything else Tkachuk adds to the game more than makes up for that gap.

Anyways, this is a Tkachuk vs Marner thread so I'm done with the debate here

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Point totals isnt the be all end all when looking at a players value.

Gaudreau brings offense to the table. Tkachuk brings everything.

If Gaudreau outscores Tkachuk by only 10-15 points, everything else Tkachuk adds to the game more than makes up for that gap.

Anyways, this is a Tkachuk vs Marner thread so I'm done with the debate here
We will agree to disagree.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
lol im sorry u felt so "insulted" by that. If u think Tkachuk is more valuble than one of the best players in the game right now idk what to say. Gaudreau>>Tkachuk ainec

Saying it’s not close is pretty ridiculous, honestly. It’s like comparing Marchand to Patrick Kane, take your pick. Personally if push came to shove, I’ll take the guy who can score at a similar level but impacts the game in many more ways and is better defensively.

After this season the NHL and it’s fans will recognize Tkachuk as being an elite player. He’s going to end up with 70-80pts.

Reactions: FerklundCGY

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Marner pretty easily. I've watched him play longer than Tkachuk - but I saw Tkachuk while he was in London. Marner is a much more skilled player and his a much higher ceiling than Tkachuk.

I like Tkachuk as a player, too...it's just I don't think he's nearly as good as Marner.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Honestly it’s not even a debate between Gaudreau and Marner/Tkachuk IMO. Gaudreau is a wizard.

Marner and Tkachuk is closer than I would have thought it would be a few years ago. On the Flames I absolutely take Tkachuk but I also feel a lot of teams would want Marner.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I think the only wrong answer in this poll is anyone throwing the “it’s not close” or “in different leagues”.

Both of these guys have potential to be PPG wingers. They’re just very different in how they’ll get there. As a Flames fan I love Tkachuk.

Mar 26, 2010
Two totally different players. Comparing a muscle car to a high end Italian exotic here.

Tkachuk is a gritty hard nosed player who you like to have on your team.

Marner has way more skill and is a higher tier talent.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Two totally different players. Comparing a muscle car to a high end Italian exotic here.

Monster Truck v High end Italian is more like it

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Lol.
The part about Marner kills me. It’s fine to say preference or things the other is better at but things like way more skill and higher tier of talent is why posts like this a joke.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Is this a serious poll? Lol marner is by far the better player! If you people actually watched him, youd see he controls the players and makes everyone better around him. This poll shows more of jealousy. Marner is one of the best younng players in the league.

Reactions: Holymakinaw

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Is this a serious poll? Lol marner is by far the better player! If you people actually watched him, youd see he controls the players and makes everyone better around him. This poll shows more of jealousy. Marner is one of the best younng players in the league.

Lol right so jealous... even though Tkachuk has been a PPG player since he played on the first PP unit going back to late last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad