Marner vs Tkachuk

Tkachuk or Marner?

• Total voters

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lol right so jealous... even though Tkachuk has been a PPG player since he played on the first PP unit going back to late last year.
You are putting basing everything on points here. Again, watch marner player and you will see. Marner makes everyone better and controls the plays. Kelly on cbc said it best. Marner is the most complete player of both. The only thing tkachuk has on his his physical play. But in todays nhl being physically is getting suspended..

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lol right so jealous... even though Tkachuk has been a PPG player since he played on the first PP unit going back to late last year.
Dont get me wrong though id love tkachuk on my team but id 100% choose marner over him. Id also choose marner over matthews aswell. Ive watched all three play and marner imo will be the best of all three. Hes just that good and fun to watch. Only thing id like him to improve is his shot.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Dont get me wrong though id love tkachuk on my team but id 100% choose marner over him. Id also choose marner over matthews aswell. Ive watched all three play and marner imo will be the best of all three. Hes just that good and fun to watch. Only thing id like him to improve is his shot.

If Marner had even an above average shot but not quite elite in any way he would be better than Matthews. But he doesn't and Matthews has a top 3 wrist/snap shot in the world.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
You are putting basing everything on points here. Again, watch marner player and you will see. Marner makes everyone better and controls the plays. Kelly on cbc said it best. Marner is the most complete player of both. The only thing tkachuk has on his his physical play. But in todays nhl being physically is getting suspended..

Except for the fact Tkachuk plays with worse players and has tougher matchups...

So jealous

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
If Marner had even an above average shot but not quite elite in any way he would be better than Matthews. But he doesn't and Matthews has a top 3 wrist/snap shot in the world.
Yes but marner has the better playmaking and vision. Even hockey iq. Also a better work ethic. I mean matthews is amazing but imo marner is a better all around player.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Is this a serious poll? Lol marner is by far the better player! If you people actually watched him, youd see he controls the players and makes everyone better around him. This poll shows more of jealousy. Marner is one of the best younng players in the league.

They are close enough to be a poll...anybody saying otherwise is a homer.

As far as Jealousy, I do not feel jealous of a team that hasnt won since I was born. More pity.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
They are close enough to be a poll...anybody saying otherwise is a homer.

As far as Jealousy, I do not feel jealous of a team that hasnt won since I was born. More pity.
Lmao always bring up the past to argue about the future. Its a pretty sad argument honestly lol. We are here talking about current and future and both show that leafs are better than flames and marner is a better player thank your boy tkachuk. So for you to feel a bit better about this you bring up the past of leafs not winning.... while i sit here feel great about my leafs having a much better future than the flames! And marner being a better player than tkachuk. Soo you keep living in the past!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lmao always bring up the past to argue about the future. Its a pretty sad argument honestly lol. We are here talking about current and future and both show that leafs are better than flames and marner is a better player thank your boy tkachuk. So for you to feel a bit better about this you bring up the past of leafs not winning.... while i sit here feel great about my leafs having a much better future than the flames! And marner being a better player than tkachuk. Soo you keep living in the past!

Feel free to feel good but nobody knows the future. I only bring up the past because you brought up the jealousy thing. Why would anybody feel jealous on the Leafs, they have not won anything yet.

Also I do not care if Marner is better than Tkachuk. I am happy with Tkachuk, so are 99% of Flames fans

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Feel free to feel good but nobody knows the future. I only bring up the past because you brought up the jealousy thing. Why would anybody feel jealous on the Leafs, they have not won anything yet.

Also I do not care if Marner is better than Tkachuk. I am happy with Tkachuk, so are 99% of Flames fans
Its not about jealousy about winning in the past, its about jealousy about whos got the better players and chances of winning and that all points to leafs....its always funny seeing other fan bases bring up the past to try and shawdow the leafs current team.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Marner and Tkachuk are two different breeds. That being said, Id still go with Marner.

Tkachuk I doubt will keep up the production. Doesn't really drive the play, collects a lot of secondary points, and although he's a real good player in his own right, is certainly not dynamic or offensively talented as Marner. Though Tkachuk has other parts of his game that obviously Marner doesn't have either.

If I'm building a team and was given a choice between Marner or Tkachuk to build a team around with, most of you would already know the answer.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Its not about jealousy about winning in the past, its about jealousy about whos got the better players and chances of winning and that all points to leafs....its always funny seeing other fan bases bring up the past to try and shawdow the leafs current team.

Only when Leafs fans talk like they have won it all. Again why would anybody be jealous of someone who has not won anything.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yes but marner has the better playmaking and vision. Even hockey iq. Also a better work ethic. I mean matthews is amazing but imo marner is a better all around player.

I don't see it. Matthews has been better offensively and defensively since they've been in the league together, stats don't lie and he's faced tougher competition on average. Matthews has an enormous shot and strength advantage over Marner, bigger than Marner's edge over Matthews in playmaking or IQ.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary

Hardly.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Marner and Tkachuk are two different breeds. That being said, Id still go with Marner.

Tkachuk I doubt will keep up the production. Doesn't really drive the play, collects a lot of secondary points, and although he's a real good player in his own right, is certainly not dynamic or offensively talented as Marner. Though Tkachuk has other parts of his game that obviously Marner doesn't have either.

If I'm building a team and was given a choice between Marner or Tkachuk to build a team around with, most of you would already know the answer.

Tkachuk has been playing this way for roughly 55 games now, it’s no fluke. He’s just that good. Saying he doesn’t drive the play is also ridiculously inaccurate statement. He’s every bit on Mariners level.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Do people disagree that Tkachuk is the better defensive winger? He's underlying numbers are straight top tier since he's been an NHLer.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
A line of Tkachuk-Tavares-Marner would be crazy dominant lol. I think Marner will probably outproduce Tkachuk but Matt brings a physical element that is quite helpful come playoff time.

Cant go wrong with either

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Tkachuk has 2 less primary assists than Marner over their careers in 15 less games and 300 less minutes playing with inferior linemates...

Reactions: Yasuo

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
As a Canucks fan, I want both. lol. :(

I think tkachuk has the edge for me rn, has that extra physicality flair that makes him a real bugger.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Tkachuk has been playing this way for roughly 55 games now, it’s no fluke. He’s just that good. Saying he doesn’t drive the play is also ridiculously inaccurate statement. He’s every bit on Mariners level.

I just compared their stats and honestly, you are right. Both are elite drivers or play. Tkachuk is the better possession play, better board play, and plays slightly harder minutes (althought Zone starts are almost the same, he's actually got more offensive than Marner). Marner is the better playmaker, creates more goals, but generally also has better linemates. 5v5...both are actually incredible, and very close.

I only take Marner for 3 reasons:
  • I am a Leaf fan, so if it's close, why not take the guy I've been following for years?
  • I value pure skill entertainment, and Marner has me glued to the screen everytime he's on the ice.
  • PP still matters, and I think he is one of the best PP set men in the NHL.

Overall though, this should be like...within 10% close. There's no huge gap offensively or defensively.

Reactions: No Draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad