Marner vs Aho

Marner vs Aho

• Total voters

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I doubt it. Marner scores the same as him and is also very good defensively. At ES and on the PK he's a puck hound and controls the play. It's close enough I wouldn't quite consider either opinion a "lie"

Yeah, not a lie. Just a matter of preference. I exaggerated.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
They've had similar production last year and are neck in neck this year, while being the same age. Aho also plays center so it tilts it in his favor for me. If your gonna make a ridiculous statement like this at least explain yourself.

It's a running joke among Canes fans that Marner is "several tiers" above Aho because of some dumb thing a Leafs fan said last year. If you ever see reference to Aho being a "small, one-dimensional, second line, offensive winger" it is in reference to the same thread. We try to have fun with the general disregard of our team.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I doubt it. Marner scores the same as him and is also very good defensively. At ES and on the PK he's a puck hound and controls the play. It's close enough I wouldn't quite consider either opinion a "lie"

Does Marner dominate the PK as well? Aho does as a Center. Teemu Selanne said that Aho is such a good defensive forward that he could be confused for a defenseman.

Aho has to control nearly every play as he doesn't have Tavares next to him to feed him high-end chances.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
It's a running joke among Canes fans that Marner is "several tiers" above Aho because of some dumb thing a Leafs fan said last year. If you ever see reference to Aho being a "small, one-dimensional, second line, offensive winger" it is in reference to the same thread. We try to have fun with the general disregard of our team.
I think most fail to read our posts through the required thick lenses of cheeky-sarcasm

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Does Marner dominate the PK as well? Aho does as a Center. Teemu Selanne said that Aho is such a good defensive forward that he could be confused for a defenseman.

Aho has to control nearly every play as he doesn't have Tavares next to him to feed him high-end chances.

FYI Marner is a pretty great penalty killer and is also the clear distributor on his line. Not to take anything away from Aho (he's great big fan) I just wanted to provide some possible clarity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad