Marlies GDT: Marlies vs Stars-WCF- Game 1-Friday May 23rd- 8:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Marlies doing their best impression of the big club, outshot 50-19 lol. Game was a lot closer than the score would suggest, even though didn't really do much for the first 50mins.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I wouldn't mind Drew Mac taking over Reimer as a backup. He has been really really good at Marlies. We wouldn't be so successful without him.

I appreciate his yeoman's work for the Marlies, but he's not an NHL calibre goalie. He doesn't have the lateral mobility for it. And that's fine -- nothing wrong with being a really good AHL goalie.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
ewww. not good at all, y'all.
did the defensive systems simply break down or is Texas simply that much better than them? (or the layoff?)

the fact that Texas played almost half of the third period with their goalie pulled contributed to the high shot total, but the Marlies also sat back trying to protect the lead

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
ewww. not good at all, y'all.
did the defensive systems simply break down or is Texas simply that much better than them? (or the layoff?)

The game was closer than the score indicated but I wouldn't say that Texas proved to be that much better than them. I'd say the layoff was a factor, also that Texas was chasing the game the entire time. In the third period especially, Texas got 4 powerplays AND they pulled their goalie with more than 7 minutes left in the third. It probably wouldn't be that dramatic to say that the Marlies probably played close to half of the third period short handed.

Either way, they need to buckle down and if Spott didn't like a 40 shot against night by the Marlies, can't see how 50 is going to fair well with him despite the win. They got their feet wet and have a taste of what to expect. Hopefully they come out with a stronger game next time but it still was exciting to watch. Pretty incredible what this team has managed.

edbrubaker*

Nice win.

Late to paying attention to the Marlies but TJ put up 72 points in 76 games on the blueline???

Why are Granberg and Percy the only guys that are threats for Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad