Marlies GDT: Marlies vs Stars-WCF- Game 1-Friday May 23rd- 8:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'm excited and I'm nervous for them. Texas will be a huge test and I hope they don't underestimate them. Texas may have finished the season first in the conference but a young team who is undefeated through 2 rounds of playoffs and not once ever having to face the adversity of chasing the game - that kind of circumstance can lead to overconfidence. Hopefully not.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm excited and I'm nervous for them. Texas will be a huge test and I hope they don't underestimate them. Texas may have finished the season first in the conference but a young team who is undefeated through 2 rounds of playoffs and not once ever having to face the adversity of chasing the game - that kind of circumstance can lead to overconfidence. Hopefully not.

It also tells us we have a great team :handclap:

I'm not expecting any blow-outs or a sweep from either team. This is going to be tight all the way through

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so it looks like we could be facing some trouble, in this round, yes? Because Texas is tough?

mikebel111*

I dont expect to win here though I said the same thing against the Wolves.
Will be a tough series. No matter what happens, very proud of this team. Exceeded expectations.
Go Marlies Go!

Might miss this game. Have work while my sister's graduation, than depending on if my family have plans afterwards, I might not be able to watch.
One win from these 2 road games would be good

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Leafs tv will replay the game all weekend mike. I'm sure u can watch it at some point. Texas has a really good team with a good mix of vets and prospects, just like the marlies. Should be a tight series, both teams are playing great. Probably comes down to the goaltending as most series do

Let's hope Spott doesn't have that goof ball on the 4th line tonight

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Whatever overconfidence they have will be gone after the first game when they realize the kind of opponent they're facing.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
It also tells us we have a great team :handclap:

I'm not expecting any blow-outs or a sweep from either team. This is going to be tight all the way through

I was about to follow up with a comment similar to this:

Whatever overconfidence they have will be gone after the first game when they realize the kind of opponent they're facing.

They've been good at adjusting and responding to their coach when he tells them they aren't playing hard enough or smart enough so I hope that whatever adversity they face they'll be able to battle back. I'm already proud of what they've accomplished so far. Their regular season exceeded my expectations. Their post-season to date has certainly exceeded my expectations. My bare expectations here are that they show the same tenacity that they have all year. If it's not enough then so be it.

mikebel111*

Leafs tv will replay the game all weekend mike. I'm sure u can watch it at some point. Texas has a really good team with a good mix of vets and prospects, just like the marlies. Should be a tight series, both teams are playing great. Probably comes down to the goaltending as most series do

Let's hope Spott doesn't have that goof ball on the 4th line tonight
I dont have Leafs tv. I will be missing this game maybe whole game.
Also Devane is playing

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Man MacIntyre is unreal for you guys. Only reason the Stars aren't up by 2 or 3.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Couple bad penalties, but chances going both ways, would have to give the stars an edge though
Hopefully we settle things down in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad