Marlies GDT: Marlies vs Griffins - WCQF - Marlies lost 3 game to 2. It's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't understand your argument... Pulkkinen could have helped both the Marlies and the Leafs immediately.

Had they taken Pulkkinen in the trade, he would have been NHL bound next season regardless as he is not waiver-exempt next season. He could have been used in the NHL or the AHL this season and would have surely been up with the Leafs next season.

Seems pretty clear, not sure how else I could phrase it.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Just when we were getting excited about the Marlies (youngest team in the AHL) and their incredible run to make the play-offs along comes Mess with his usual anti-Leaf diatribe.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead
You're not impressed with Teemi Pulkkinen and his unique combination of skill and size? All 5'10 of him?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Apparently he is the player Nonis turned down at the trade deadline in the potential Phaneuf trade holding out for a higher valued prospect.

But if the Marlies had Pulkkinen in the series the results would likely be the Marlies moving on.

He might be that next Nyqvist, Tatar type player for the Wings to come through their development system.

I thought the trade was turned down because Detroit wanted us to take Weiss' contract off their hands AND retain salary on Phaneuf.

Bigblue

Sep 20, 2009
I thought the trade was turned down because Detroit wanted us to take Weiss' contract off their hands AND retain salary on Phaneuf.

It came down to Mantha or Larkin and Detroit said no. Mantha was baaaad in the series and was just slammed by Devellano for his poor season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think while this series was good for development and the playoff chase good for character building this series seemed to clarify that most Leafs prospects on the farm need more AHL seasoning next year and beyond.

Based on the performance of the individuals you wouldn't pencil too many in as starters on the Leafs next year even in a full rebuild year. IMO

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
I think while this series was good for development and the playoff chase good for character building this series seemed to clarify that most Leafs prospects on the farm need more AHL seasoning next year and beyond.

Based on the performance of the individuals you wouldn't pencil too many in as starters on the Leafs next year even in a full rebuild year. IMO

Agreed. I would guess - based on Dubas' comments about players being ready to contribute full time - that most of our prospects will be back with the Marlies.

Likely with the Marlies:
  • Nylander
  • Brown
  • Leipsic
  • Loov
  • Finn
  • Percy
  • Nilsson
  • Gauthier
  • Bailey
  • New Russion kid
  • maybe Johnson if can come over