Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
You don't learn to defend against McDavid by practicing against grinders and other rookies. Elite defensemen rarely ever spend more than a year or two against weak competition, most are thrown right into the fire.

I agree with this mostly, an NHL talent will probably develop more quickly in the NHL. However, maybe not if the coach is a Babs type, Babs has shown/proven he'd prefer a Polak over a developing NHL talent.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I agree with this mostly, an NHL talent will probably develop more quickly in the NHL. However, maybe not if the coach is a Babs type, Babs has shown/proven he'd prefer a Polak over a developing NHL talent.

Don't get me wrong if you're coming over from a different rink size with minimal pro experience, the AHL is obviously the right call to get up to speed on gap control. But even then, a guy like MacAvoy stepped in directly to top-4 playoff minutes from college.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Don't get me wrong if you're coming over from a different rink size with minimal pro experience, the AHL is obviously the right call to get up to speed on gap control. But even then, a guy like MacAvoy stepped in directly to top-4 playoff minutes from college.

McAvoy should’ve never been available to the Bs. Trash drafting.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Do you think Sandin will get a call up anytime soon? He looked really good during his first few games with the leafs before he was playing too afraid of making mistakes under Babcock and got sent down. Perhaps with Keefe as coach now Sandin can prove he is ready to play in the NHL?

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Do you think Sandin will get a call up anytime soon? He looked really good during his first few games with the leafs before he was playing too afraid of making mistakes under Babcock and got sent down. Perhaps with Keefe as coach now Sandin can prove he is ready to play in the NHL?
who is he bumping out of the lineup?

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
who is he bumping out of the lineup?
Ideally Cody Ceci. I think he can do a better job than him and by the playoffs he should be flying. Plus I doubt they can win a cup with Ceci on their d core. he's too mistake prone.

All of this is useless though if they miss the playoffs or Andersen has the annual blues in the post season

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
At this point, you can't ignore Kara's production in the KHL.
former NHLer Patrice Cormier only played 2:51 for Kazan in that game. Hopefully Kara is starting to work his way up the lineup.

Would be cool to see him get some time with the top guys for a few games.

If he keeps up this pace the rest of the year his comparibles are Evgeni Kuznetsov and Kirill Kaprizov (excellent prospect for Minnesota, could come over next year I believe) in terms of PPG. I'm holding my breath on that but he has been excellent this year.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah I’m thinking Kara may be something down the line, maybe a solid 3C

Kara is a winger. He can play both sides, but I believe LW is his more common position.

We need more wingers than centers anyways. We are going to be cycling through wingers far more often than centers, and those wingers are going to be playing in higher and more important roles typically.

At worst we may decide to replace Gauthier at 4C, but Kerfoot is likely sticking around long-ish term (at least until SDA is hopefully closer to being ready) and we have guys like Brooks who are NHL ready themselves. Not to mention there are UFA's we likely will target in our annual European FA hunt, like Julius Nattinen. He would be an amazing stop gap between Brooks and SDA.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Kara is a winger. He can play both sides, but I believe LW is his more common position.

We need more wingers than centers anyways. We are going to be cycling through wingers far more often than centers, and those wingers are going to be playing in higher and more important roles typically.

At worst we may decide to replace Gauthier at 4C, but Kerfoot is likely sticking around long-ish term (at least until SDA is hopefully closer to being ready) and we have guys like Brooks who are NHL ready themselves. Not to mention there are UFA's we likely will target in our annual European FA hunt, like Julius Nattinen. He would be an amazing stop gap between Brooks and SDA.
Jeez why have I always thought he was a Center

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

SDA doing little since Robertson went down.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Agostino-Brooks-Bracco
Wilson-Gaudet-Read
Korshkov-MacMaster-Aberg
Baptiste-Elynuik-Pooley

Sandin-Liljegren
Harpur-Schmaltz
Kivihalme-Hollowell

Hutchinson

Lineup changes: Sandin in for Rubins, Hollowell in for Lindgren.
Hutchinson starts.
Sandin returns.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
SDA doing little since Robertson went down.
giphy.gif

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies score with the extra attacker. 2-0.
Great passing and Read finishes it off. Kivihalme and Gaudet get the assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad