Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Not to mention this would be his first year pro had he been drafted out of the OHL (as a non-loan player).
18 years old: 2nd highest PPG ever after Sandin
19 years old: Top 20 PPG ever with next to 0 PP time (16th I think).
20 years old: sitting 21st all time amongst players with 20 games played in terms of PPG at an age where the AHL floods with junior players.

Couple all that with great defensive play and we have a heck of a player on our hands still in just his first year of his ELC.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Didn't see the Marlies game yesterday. How did the team look in their 1st game under Moore? Any noticeable differences in systems?

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Living overseas, I don't see the Marlies other then when I'm back in the spring and fall. Like many, I follow the team, but never see games. We've been high on Liljegren since his draft year and we know why. Understandably, his development has taken time: illness and injuries. From what I read, he's taking the step forward this year that many were hoping for. For those that see them play on a regular basis, how is TL playing this year? His stats and the odd comments here suggest he is close to being ready. Is it true, has his skating improved, I understand his physical development is great, but is he using it...just the broad view of his growth as a player. Is Lily going to be a player? Thanks in advance.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I agree with everything you wrote except the faster than Hyman bit
Robertson is a good not great skater and Hyman's skating is underrated, he gets around bloody well

Hyman's better north-south, but I like Robertson's agility better for operating in the dirty areas they both like.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hyman's better north-south, but I like Robertson's agility better for operating in the dirty areas they both like.

I'd still give Hyman an edge in that area, he's great north south and agility wise he just doesn't get to use it as much as Robertson because he doesn't have Robertson's offensive tools

Reactions: Merrrlin

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The crazy thing is even if he's not scoring (which he is, a ton), he's still a smaller faster Hyman out there. His game is tailor made for the pros.

I get the spirit of the Hyman comparison, he's tenacious as all hell, but he doesn't have the size to impose his will on the forecheck like Hyman does. Doesn't mean he won't be good on the forecheck, just that he's going to have to find a different way to do it than Hyman. I like the Gallagher comp.

If you watch him, he's taking lanes and space on his goals he's not going to get at the NHL level. World class players can force those lanes -- look at Marner and how people said his game wouldn't translate. Other players have to change their style. That's what I'm interested in with Robertson, how he adapts to pro hockey. I'm not going to call him anything until we see him in the A.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I think Robertson has the element to energize the team and the crowd with a play. Can’t wait to see him out there with Auston and/or Willie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad