Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Grebenkin coming over next year would be huge.

Say what you will about the KHL developing players, but Magnitigorsk really helped Grebenkin out loaning him to Khabarovsk last season. He got to play meaningful minutes in the KHL last year, now this season he's had the chance to be one of the key players on a team making a deep run in the playoffs. If he comes over to NA next year, his development path will have basically been as perfect as it could be.

Knies, Robertson, Grebenkin, Minten, and Cowan is a really strong group of cheap young forwards in our system behind Matthews, Marner, Nylander.

I really like Robertson and think there's a good chance he'll score 30 in the NHL at some point, but with all these kids upfront and really nothing besides Niemela on the back-end, you have to think we could look to move Robertson + for a young D in the off-season.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It's insane to me that he was their 2nd scorer through the year and in his last game or two barely received 5 minutes of ice time apparently. The KHL is so freaking weird.

I'm not surprised he'd jump to the AHL/NHL as soon as possible if the report is true.
I am assuming around the time they realized he was committed to being NA bound after the season is about the time his ice time was stripped back.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It's insane to me that he was their 2nd scorer through the year and in his last game or two barely received 5 minutes of ice time apparently. The KHL is so freaking weird.

I'm not surprised he'd jump to the AHL/NHL as soon as possible if the report is true.

Well, we can speculate that if they knew his intentions that could sway their deployment decisions.

Wouldn't be the first time I/we heard of such things.

EDIT: I should have read a couple posts down ;-)

Reactions: aingefan and arso40

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Was not expecting to see a notification on my phone that the Leafs have signed Nicolas Mattinen.

Wild story with him being a Leafs draft pick in 2016 and went unsigned. Looks like he's had an interesting path since and had a big year in the DEL this season. 6'5 RHD.

Player of the year in the DEL this season. Could be a pretty solid veteran for the Marlies next year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Was not expecting to see a notification on my phone that the Leafs have signed Nicolas Mattinen.

Wild story with him being a Leafs draft pick in 2016 and went unsigned. Looks like he's had an interesting path since and had a big year in the DEL this season. 6'5 RHD.
Weird.

He was not their property, so was anyone else interested?

Born in Ottawa.

Everyone see Brodie and thinks can it be that tough?

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

Can't wait for news that 2017 5th Round pick, Fedor Gordeev, has joined the Marlies on an ATO. :sarcasm:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I mean, Gordeev has been playing in the ECHL the past 3 years, with decent success
It's not that crazy! haha
I remember being so high on him as a potential diamond in the rough. Haven't seen too many guys that big who could skate like him, but he never really developed any other facets to his game.

Reactions: uncleben

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Pretty interesting day of prospect news.
Greb is gonna be in the mix. This could conceivably change off-season shopping plans a bit….in my eyes anyway.
Crappy day to work, ha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad