Player Discussion: Marko Dano

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
A little surprised they took back Dano, but I guess it makes sense to designate him as your PB guy. What will be interesting is if they do get an injury or 2 and then bypass Dano with a call up from the Moose. Then you will know his NHL career is over and he will be back in Europe at season's end.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Well... it's probably the Moose or 60 games eating popcorn from the rafters... I'm sure Dano is happy to be back... ;)

I do remember posting that the Jets could pick Dano back up off waivers... but I thought it would take the rest of the season for Colorado to give up on him.

images

Last edited:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
This is almost as funny as the time they sent Pavs to the farm because he was so bad and we all thought we'd seen him for the last time only for him to reappear as a starter again.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Why? They got a look for the equivalent of a near minimum NHL salary for the time he was there (one month?) and have no financial commitments going forward.

Colorado found out what most Jets fans already knew. Dano doesn't have good stamina, and doesn't show much effort on defence or in the corners. He is good on netfront scrambles and banging in rebounds. Not a long term solution but with a hard month on the Moose he will provide insurance in case of injury. A guy you may never be comfortable playing in a game when you are tied or ahead but is nice to have to never send in when you are behind in the third. ever

Fixed that for you.

I wanted to like Dano, but he was beyond useless. His first game he looked promising, being physical and making simple plays and shooting the puck. By the end of it, he couldn't even handle a pass. Hopefully he can find his game in the AHL, but I think his him in the NHL is done.

Reactions: larmex99

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Why would it not surprise me to see Dano somehow someway ending up becoming a meaningful piece for us this season. Like we get plagued with injuries and he ends up on our first line, and carries us to a cup.

Actually that would surprise me.

Remember when many considered Dano a better player than Armia. If only Armia could be plucked off waivers like Dano.

Reactions: snowkiddin

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I 've never been a Dano fan at all -- but I will say this --he has better scoring hands than Copp, Lowry or Tanev. He didn't look bad this pre-season, but he must have a big hole in his game coaches don't like. I think the "hole" is in his head--as he doesn't seem to be a "thinking" type of player. No hockey IQ sense at all --comes in at around 85 point IQ level. :shakehead

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Fixed that for you.

I wanted to like Dano, but he was beyond useless. His first game he looked promising, being physical and making simple plays and shooting the puck. By the end of it, he couldn't even handle a pass. Hopefully he can find his game in the AHL, but I think his him in the NHL is done.
I was kind of hoping you'd keep him, but I'll give the Avs credit they moved on quickly. We too held out hope when we obtained him in the Ladd trade, but in all honesty there are really only a couple of holdouts around here that still see Dano as a viable option any more. If TNSE wants to spend their money paying him on the Moose as deep depth that is their choice. I just hope he is well down the line of possible call-ups.

Reactions: Robinson2187

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
He didn't look bad this pre-season, but he must have a big hole in his game coaches don't like.
Have not seen him playing this season, but according to Avalanche fans he's very very slow skater.

Reactions: GNP

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Why would it not surprise me to see Dano somehow someway ending up becoming a meaningful piece for us this season. Like we get plagued with injuries and he ends up on our first line, and carries us to a cup.

Actually that would surprise me.

Remember when many considered Dano a better player than Armia. If only Armia could be plucked off waivers like Dano.
Even if Armia went on waivers & we picked him up, it would be viewed by most like the guys not even good enough for the AHL anymore so why bother. Plenty of examples where guys get picked up off of waivers & then become very good NHL players. Dano could prove many here wrong. Really glad that we got Dano back & I could see him someday being an important part of our bottom 6. Chances are he won't, but to me this is a great waiver wire pickup

Reactions: The Big M

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I would much rather have him playing on our 4th line than Lemieux. Dano had a short, bad run in Colorado, playing 6 min a night, but his NHL metrics before this season were very respectable.

And he doesn't have impulse control issues that cause penalties and lose games like that other guy, the one with the pedigree, who would have been an excellent addition to the Philadelphia Flyers of the 1970s.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad