Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
forever.png

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Why? They got a look for the equivalent of a near minimum NHL salary for the time he was there (one month?) and have no financial commitments going forward.

Colorado found out what most Jets fans already knew. Dano doesn't have good stamina, and doesn't show much effort on defence or in the corners. He is good on netfront scrambles and banging in rebounds. Not a long term solution but with a hard month on the Moose he will provide insurance in case of injury. A guy you may never be comfortable playing in a game when you are tied or ahead but is nice to have to send in when you are behind in the third.

Just teasing the Jets fan who said that about Chevy when Dano was originally lost on waivers

Reactions: snowkiddin and Jet

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Gave him a shot with another organization, which is what he wanted and it didnt work out.

He should be more accepting to a press box 13th man role now that he realizes that is what he is.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Good move. Makes sense and is genuinely one of the more sane roster moves this team has made this season.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You seem upset
Haha upset would be a major overstatement.

Extra depth is never a bad thing but at this point I think you give opportunities to guys on the Moose.

He did nothing for us and then was waived by the Avs. He's toast.

Reactions: GNP

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Saad Ladd is back, but down with the Moose.

But hopefully he finds something here, but truthfully I believe he's done with the Jets soon. Because it's Chiarelli, I don't think this would go through in the big picture, we trade him for Puljujarvi.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The reality is this is the best thing for Dano's career. He clearly is lacking in certain areas with above average skills in others.

He's been in the press box for several seasons now & once he became waiver eligible the AHL wasn't an option from the organization's standpoint.

With the fear of that obstacle gone, Dano can return to simply playing hockey.

He knows ours systems and now gets the opportunity to practice them nightly on the Moose...

At least that better be the plan. I've yet to see he's been assigned to the AHL.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Extra depth is never a bad thing but at this point I think you give opportunities to guys on the Moose.

Yes what a shame it would be if he takes icetime away from noted NHL prospects Poirier, McGinn and Girard :sarcasm:

Gumbyman2

Sep 12, 2018
I believe this was the case.
Yah a bit of a strange one, but...some guys on expiring contract get dealt only to be resigned by original team as a ufa that summer. Kinda similar I suppose? Was glad for Dano to supposedly get a better chance to play with Col, also happy to have him back for depth and injury replacement, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad