Injury Report: Marian Gaborik Injury thread

Celery Man

Dec 4, 2013
Michigan
Okay so I haven't seen any information on Gaborik regarding his most recent injury. Other than its an upper body injury and that it's day to day. So I was hoping that anyone who knows more or has heard something else could post it here.

I know this may seem weird considering I'm an Avs fan but the kings are my second favorite team and I have followed them very closely ever since I started watching hockey 20 years ago.. And also I have Gaborik on my fantasy team so I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger and trade him.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Your guess is as good as ours. It is believed to be less serious than the one that kept him out a number of games earlier in the season, but it's probably the same thing bugging him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Your guess is as good as ours. It is believed to be less serious than the one that kept him out a number of games earlier in the season, but it's probably the same thing bugging him.

Pretty much. We've heard its upper body, I believe Sutter said it's unrelated to earlier injuries, and there's no real timetable, though not being on IR/LTIR would be good you would think. Kings have been non-forthcoming about injuries lately.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Minor my butt. I saw him at Toyota Sports Center yesterday and he was missing his arm

I'm guessing 2-3 weeks.

Captain Mittens*

Hidden fantasy hockey thread exposed....

Chris Hansen was on the case

89f.gif

Captain Mittens*

Minor my butt. I saw him at Toyota Sports Center yesterday and he was missing his arm

I'm guessing 2-3 weeks.

He should pull a Merle, but put a hockey stick on there instead of a bayonet

merle-knife-hand1.jpg

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
Kinda OT, but a friend of mine told me that us Kings fans would end up hating Gaborik after a season or two. When I asked him why, he just said "You will see."
I wonder if its due to him being injury prone? I haven't followed his carrier prior to him being on the Kings.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Kinda OT, but a friend of mine told me that us Kings fans would end up hating Gaborik after a season or two. When I asked him why, he just said "You will see."
I wonder if its due to him being injury prone? I haven't followed his carrier prior to him being on the Kings.

This is pretty much par for the course for his career. Missed a few more games than I figured he might but this about what to expect. Sadly through most of his career he's seemed to always have these nagging injuries that take him out for a game or two here and there. As long as the Gaborik from the playoffs last year is the one the Kings get more often than not then I'm content with him missing handfuls of games here and there.

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
This is pretty much par for the course for his career. Missed a few more games than I figured he might but this about what to expect. Sadly through most of his career he's seemed to always have these nagging injuries that take him out for a game or two here and there. As long as the Gaborik from the playoffs last year is the one the Kings get more often than not then I'm content with him missing handfuls of games here and there.

+1 :yo:

Captain Mittens*

That will also keep him more fresh come playoff time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad