Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
wiercioch make $2.7M in real dollars next year

why would we want him unless they are taking one of our bad contracts

download.php

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
His stats don't seem too bad. Have you actually seen this guy play or are you going by what you "think" based on stats?

That's a pretty contradictory statement considering your whole judgment on him is based on his stats "Not seeming too bad" then immediately criticizing anyone who might dislike him based on his stats

bluedevil58*

That's a pretty contradictory statement considering your whole judgment on him is based on his stats "Not seeming too bad" then immediately criticizing anyone who might dislike him based on his stats

I was not criticizing I was simply asking a question. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Aren't we supposed to stop reading after the words "Bruce Garrioch"?

Bruce is actually really connected. It surprised me.

I like Patrick, but he is just such an unknown, even though he's played a few years now. He does move the puck well, however he's quite weak on the puck and is the opposite of physical. He just doesn't play the body well at all despite having a big frame.

I think last year his analytics were actually damn good. But watching him, you'd think the exact opposite.

If he made $1 million, he'd be a guy that a lot of teams would take a chance on. But he doesn't.....

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
wiercioch is a fantastic player, by the way.

He's well above average in usage adjusted CF, CA, CF%, and points/60.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Corsi and Fenwick are very arbitrary. What is Wiercioch's WAR? (Wins Above Replacement)

Now *that* is an iron clad stat if there ever was one.

usage adjusted corsi is basically corsi above replacement if you compare it in a scale to every other player. ownthepuck.com did this and it's a fantastic tool.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
His salary should negate any thought about picking him up. The guy is making 2.7 million and he's 10th on the Senators' depth chart right now.

The only way it makes sense to grab him is if he's the "salary dump" portion of a deal that adds something a lot better.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
His salary should negate any thought about picking him up. The guy is making 2.7 million and he's 10th on the Senators' depth chart right now.

The only way it makes sense to grab him is if he's the "salary dump" portion of a deal that adds something a lot better.

He is good though. That is the thing. He's definitely worth 2.7 million, whether Ottawa's management realizes that or not.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

If Ottawa retained ~1m I'd take a flyer I think.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Maybe this is the first indication of a moneypuck move from new Hurricanes consultant BSH_EricT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad