March 2nd TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
At what point does it make sense to start scratching Sekera to avoid injury? Wasn't Wallin scratched for like a week before being shipped out to SJ?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
At what point does it make sense to start scratching Sekera to avoid injury? Wasn't Wallin scratched for like a week before being shipped out to SJ?

Wallin was a healthy scratch because he initially refused to waive his NTC and it looks like JR forced him into it.

"We have a pending trade for him," Rutherford said Thursday. "He has a no-trade (clause in his contract). He has to waive that, and I think at this point in time his agent is working through some things with the other team. I would expect we will know something here in the next 24 hours." Rutherford would not say where Wallin might be heading, but it looks like the San Jose Sharks are the most likely destination. Wallin has five assists and 26 penalty minutes in 47 games this season.

It appears that the Niclas Wallin refused to agree to waive his no-trade clause in his contract and as a result was not moved to San Jose as was rumored.

Well that is not going to make Canes' GM Jim Rutherford, who told anyone who would listen that Wallin was traded to the Sharks, happy. To no one's surprise, Wallin was a healthy scratch against the Sabres Friday night. Look for more of the same until this matter is resolved.

I think it's pretty unfair to the player to healthy scratch him like that. If you're going to go that far, just go ahead and move him.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Wallin was a healthy scratch because he initially refused to waive his NTC and it looks like JR forced him into it.

I think it's pretty unfair to the player to healthy scratch him like that. If you're going to go that far, just go ahead and move him.

Agree it's a ****** thing to do, but being ****** making sure an asset doesn't get hurt prior to the deadline is infinitely better than him going down with a acl injury or the like tonight.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Methot signed. One less defenseman on the market.

Dominoes.

I'll call my shot.

:canes

Sekera

:bolts

Anthony DeAngelo
Conditional (Edmonton's) 3rd in 2015. Pick becomes Tampa's 1st if Tampa makes at least the ECF OR if Sekera re-signs.

GoCanes2013

May 7, 2009
Raleigh
Something about D'Angelo doesn't thrill me. Tiny guy, a bit hyped maybe due to his early play, seems to be regressing a bit as he advances levels? Unless I'm way off the mark?

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Deangelo was USA's best defenseman at the U20s.

Yes, even better than Hanifin.

Not to say he's a better player or prospect but he was fantastic in that tournament on a huge stage. He'd be a great pickup.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
How many small, offensive RH defenseman do you need? If they get D'Angelo I sudpect Murphy is gone quickly.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Two at most, but someone needs to kill penalties.

They have more glaring needs to address than adding a 2nd Murphy.

I'm sorry. I was forcing a poor, obscure pop culture reference. Pls accept my apology. I have no thoughts on the matter of how many small offensive RHD this team really needs.

Pam Beesly: [in Jim's ear over bluetooth] Ooh, cute shoes online.
Jim Halpert: How many shoes do you need?
Dwight Schrute: I donno. Two? Maybe three if one wears out. How many shoes do you need?
Jim Halpert: I'm not talking to you.
Dwight Schrute: Who are you talking to?
Jim Halpert: Pam.
Dwight Schrute: She's not here, Jim!
Jim Halpert: No, she's not.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm sorry. I was forcing a poor, obscure pop culture reference. Pls accept my apology. I have no thoughts on the matter of how many small offensive RHD this team really needs.

I never watched the office in re-runs so that flew straight over my head. Excellent reference though. I can only make those type of references from movies or the Simpsons and to a lesser extent Seinfeld.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
DeAngelo is a similar prospect to Murphy and a bit of a head-case but he has a ton of potential. Loved his play at the WJC and he puts up points by the truckload. Seems to me to play a lot bigger than his size.

I'd hope at least one of Murphy or DeAngelo worked out to be an offensive force from the blue line. I don't mind having two smaller D in the lineup if we have some size to match them with (ie: Fleury).

bluedevil58*

Sekera and Mcclemment for Eric Cole and a 1st rounder.

#multiplestanleycups

bluedevil58*

His stats don't seem too bad. Have you actually seen this guy play or are you going by what you "think" based on stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad