Marc Bergevin - Would I lie to you Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Marc Bergevin is the worst signing GM ever.

Desharnais $3.5 mil for 4 years.
Plekanec $6 mil for 3 years.
Semin
Hemsky
Alzner $4.8 mil for 6 years.
Price $10.5 mil for 8 years.

Molson won’t be happy with him throwing money around lol.

You forgot about the great millionaire Andrew Shaw

Reactions: Peanut

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Semin
Hemsky

explains his motivation for the cap space...............lame i know, but thats MB

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I hate giving him any sort of credit, but I do think he at least had SOME sort of plan when he took the job in 2012 but the good season we had in the shortened period threw it off. He wasn't a good GM to realize he still should have stayed the course with the plan, though, and he wasn't a good GM in that he got way too loyal to a coach that was carried by his goaltender for so long.

That's literally the only positive thing I could possibly say about it. I don't think he would have gotten the job if he didn't have SOME sort of plan in 2012 when he inherited the team. It's just not easy picking good GMs from bad GMs when they don't have any experience and you take a shot looking for fresh blood in the organization and a new identity.

The pool to select from shrinks to a puddle when you thrown in the french thing.

Thats why the Habs got stuck with a guy that was not considered any where else for a GM job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beendair Donedat

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The pool to select from shrinks to a puddle when you thrown in the french thing.

Thats why the Habs got stuck with a guy that was not considered any where else for a GM job.

Common knowledge.

Last edited:

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Let Radulov walk and Sign Alzner 5 years lol

MB will overpay for the middle type players ( DD contract ) then let someone like Radulov walk .

We are bottom 3 in Capspace available as well , I am still shocked how a team like MTL has almost 10 % of their cap available

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The first thing you should ask yourself before offering a contract is “if the player signs this, will I even be able to give him away for free?”. The answer is no for 3 players on the team (Price, Shaw and Alzner). That’s pathetic.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
2 second rounds for a third liner and $4 mil for next 6 years.
Sign a 5th dman Alzner for 5 years at $5 mil per. Let Radulov first liner walk. Let top 4 dman Markov walk.

Bergevin needs to be fired.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
852073153.gif

Reactions: Runner77

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
I was very optimistic when he first came in. I liked the Galchenyuk pick and liked the Petry acquisition.

The Subban deal ruined it for me. Then came Dwight King, then came dicking Radulov around, then came Alzner.

Now I'm beyond having any faith. New blood is needed in management. I don't know who but Bergevin is wrecking this team.

Reactions: Peanut

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Tic toc tic toc...

Another day, closer we get till his time has mercifully run out

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Are you one who start their sentence "Moé ch'pas raciste mais..." ? ? ?

Non, pas du tout. I am only half French...proudly Canadian though, un peu métissé. I was a Rene Bourque fan. I would never give Price the Bronx cheer. We endured 6 years of Pavelec if you think you have seen the worst.

I wish someone had responded to my points about drafting, because that is where I think the problem lies. And coaching.

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division

Semin
Hemsky

Semin was highly skilled. You never knew when he'd show up. Hot and cold.
Correction-Alzner contract is 5 years for $8 mil I think. :naughty:
Price's contract did surprise me. I still marvel. It's DiPietro BIG.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
2 second rounds for a third liner and $4 mil for next 6 years.
Sign a 5th dman Alzner for 5 years at $5 mil per. Let Radulov first liner walk. Let top 4 dman Markov walk.

Bergevin needs to be fired.
I don't understand why he felt the need to sign Shaw to a 6 year deal. This isn't a top 6 elite player here why the need to lock him up for such a long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad