Marc Bergevin " So your telling me there's a chance" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Ya, Weber has been a total cancer on this team, detrimental to this teams success moving forward.

Actually, if he did things right, we'd still have a great team, close to contention, but that too is simple, obvious and logical and you still don't get it.

But don't worry Jaffy, one day you might catch up to the rest of us.

Pac
Radu
Chucky
Gally
Danault
Lekh
Eller
Plek
Byron

Subban
Markov
Sergachev
Petry
Emelin

Price

That team gets over Boston and Toronto and gives Tampa a run for the div title.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Actually, if he did things right, we'd still have a great team, close to contention, but that too is simple, obvious and logical and you still don't get it.

Pac
Radu
Chucky
Gally
Danault
Lekh
Eller
Plek
Byron

Subban
Markov
Sergachev
Petry
Emelin

Price

That team won nothing......but don't worry, Radulov was gonna miraculousy start scoring at a point per game pace cause that's what happens here in Montreal......Eller has won nothing with Washington, everyone hated Emelin, and you can't fit Markov, Radulov and Subban's (extra 2m$) salary under the cap.....maybe one day, you'll catch up to the rest of us who know there's a cap to work with.

Ah, I see you removed Emelin.....from your original post.....the Cap, consider the Cap

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
That team won nothing......but don't worry, Radulov was gonna miraculousy start scoring at a point per game pace cause that's what happens here in Montreal......Eller has won nothing with Washington, everyone hated Emelin, and you can't fit Markov, Radulov and Subban's (extra 2m$) salary under the cap.....maybe one day, you'll catch up to the rest of us who know there's a cap to work with.

Congrats!
this may just be the worst post i've seen on this board in the decade i've been here. that's quite impressive.

Nothing in your post makes any sense or has any grounding in fact or logical and coherent thinking.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Congrats!
this may just be the worst post i've seen on this board in the decade i've been here. that's quite impressive.

Nothing in your post makes any sense or has any grounding in fact or logical and coherent thinking.
Your claim of this being the worst post in a decade has to be the worst post in a decade of this is the worst post in a decade......desperate post to someone who knows its true

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
btw, how's Chicago been doing since his departure??
Doing the same they would if he was still there. In fact they may be better, since Debrincat is scoring at a +0.5 ppg and they wouldn't have Debrincat if Shaw was still a Hawks. But hey, Shaw's a winner :laugh:

“Five seasons in the NHL, two Stanley Cups. We talked a lot about helping our dressing room with character guys, guys that have won. It’s one of the reasons why it was important for me to look for a player like Andrew Shaw,” said Bergevin

Bergevin was clearly thinking we would finish in the bottom 10 the following years.. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Peanut

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Wife is at the hospital, needs emergency assistance, you gonna put it in buddy hands who's got his StJohns Ambulance certification or you gonna "appeal" to authority and put it in the hands of the Doctor??.......that's what I thought.......you're the one that gets bent out of shape because he has no high school diploma, like it has any bearing on anything he's done in his life

Huh? What kind of emergency assistance? Because if the Doctor is an option, I'm probably at the hospital. I'd probably want a guy trained to deal with the issue rather than a guy trained to stabilize the issue and then get me to the hospital safely and securely.

Ah, I see you removed Emelin.....from your original post.....the Cap, consider the Cap

Why does Radulov need to be at a PPG pace?

Subban's 9 + Radulov at 7 + Emelin at 4.1 + Sergachev at 1 + Markov at 6 + Eller at 3.5 - Weber at 7.8 - Drouin's 5.5 - Alzner's 4.6 - Shaw's 3.9 = +8.8.

Montreal had over 8 mil in cap space. All you need to do is not trade for Schlemko (2.1) and the math works.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Yes you can...

Markov + Radulov + Subban = Less salary than Alzner + Weber + current cap space...Math is hard I know.

Markov: 2x5M
Radulov: 6.5
Suban: 9M

Alzner: 4.625
Hemsky: 1M
Streit: 1M
Weber: 7.8M

14.4M + (9M cap space) vs 20.5M

Bergevin messed up , just admit it , nobody is served from being in denial.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why does Radulov need to be at a PPG pace?

Subban's 9 + Radulov at 7 + Emelin at 4.1 + Sergachev at 1 + Markov at 6 + Eller at 3.5 - Weber at 7.8 - Drouin's 5.5 - Alzner's 4.6 - Shaw's 3.9 = +8.8.

Montreal had over 8 mil in cap space. All you need to do is not trade for Schlemko (2.1) and the math works.

1 Sergachev means no Drouin. And we could have easily be able to do without Alzner.

But yeah, the maths work. Just like the teams that are succesful are also mysteriously able to make the math work. But not Bergie. He is a victim here.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Emelin 4.1M to Alzner 4.625M (+0.625M)
Subban 9M to Weber 7.8M (-1.2M)
Sergachev 0,89M to Schlemko 2.1M (+1.2M)
Eller 3.5M to Shaw 3.9M (+0.4M)
Drouin 5.5M to Radulov 7.5M (-2M)

I'm ending up at a cost of 1M more tan what we're paying now.
So with that, there's still that 8M of cap space we have this season to sign Markov.
And now you don't need Hemsky, Morrow or Streit, that's $2M more.

Absolutely zero problem with the cap.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But not as good as when he was there.....that's what I thought

Oh I see. So Shaw is the reason the Hawks are struggling now. Glad to see you clear that up, we are all in awe of your great hockey analysis.

Funny, the Habs are not as good with Weber as they were with Subban. It's good to see you finally admit that this trade was awful and we got the inferior player. That must be why you're only willing to give Bergevin another 3 years before you're done with him.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Wife is at the hospital, needs emergency assistance, you gonna put it in buddy hands who's got his StJohns Ambulance certification or you gonna "appeal" to authority and put it in the hands of the Doctor??.......that's what I thought.......you're the one that gets bent out of shape because he has no high school diploma, like it has any bearing on anything he's done in his life

You're trying, I'll give you that. Though I'm not sure you understand how fallacious thinking really works.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Congrats!

Actually, his post had more written points towards the top of discussion vs your post or my post you are reading right now. Worse post in a decade? :sarcasm: o_O:rolleyes: :huh:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
reading an article at V.Guerrero on Rds, one thing stood out and when i ompare it to how the habs run their business development, there is no question what talent dies here.

« Quand j'ai parlé (au gérant) Felipe Alou de Guerrero la première fois, je lui ai dit que je croyais avoir déniché un joueur pour les Majeures, mais qu'on devrait garder les instructions à son endroit plutôt simples. 'Laissons-le faire ce qu'il sait faire. Il fait les choses à sa manière, mais il est très talentueux', avais-je dit. J'avais frappé dans le mille! »

To sum what i believe, you need to let talent take over games and not bottle that tallent in your way of play.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That team won nothing......but don't worry, Radulov was gonna miraculousy start scoring at a point per game pace cause that's what happens here in Montreal......

I don't mean to single out your post as you're not the only one bringing this up. But, what exactly is the point of insinuating that a player who is doing well elsewhere wouldn't be doing well here?

Just like another other team out there, we're mining for speed, skill and the type of attributes that are conducive to offensive production -- or at least, we should be.

If we're going to keep saying that players who post offensive results elsewhere wouldn't do it in Montreal, what is the point of adding offensive talent in Montreal? I guess we'll never be able to enjoy offensive players by that token.

And then you have players like Pacioretty, who throw a big wrench into your theory -- a player without the benefit of a bona fide center or even bona fide first line players, is one of the highest scoring forwards in the last 5 years. What about Subban, wasn't he doing it here? And Weber, did he suddenly stop scoring when he became a Hab?

So much for Radulov wouldn't do it here. And Sergachev. And whoever else. They can all do it here, there just needs to be more players like them so that they can feed off each other.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
But I do get the CAP, you, not so much.....
What cap? Radu takes a bit more than Drouin and Markov takes a little more than Alzner and we have 8 mil in space. Add Emelin for 1 year. Eller makes a bit less than Shaw.

You know about the cap, but you clearly fail at calculus.

You're using a strawman and an invalid one at that.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Pac
Radu
Chucky
Gally
Danault
Lekh
Eller
Plek
Byron

Subban
Markov
Sergachev
Petry
Emelin

Price

To be fair, that team would still have a rather sub par offense. Defense would be good but offensively...

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Pac
Radu
Chucky
Gally
Danault
Lekh
Eller
Plek
Byron

Subban
Markov
Sergachev
Petry
Emelin

Price

still have no centres

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad