Marc Bergevin - Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This is true, fans should not fall for this going into next season if there are no significant upgrades to the roster.

Usually it's big companies and they don't really care
The fans that buy single games or the 5 - 10 games packages are the ones who can make a big splash next summer.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Usually it's big companies and they don't really care
The fans that buy single games or the 5 - 10 games packages are the ones who can make a big splash next summer.
Listen up fellow Montreal habs fans, if your company gives you a ticket to a habs game you should start looking for a new job.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Listen up fellow Montreal habs fans, if your company gives you a ticket to a habs game you should start looking for a new job.

Actually for the past couple of years I've been lucky enough to get tickets from suppliers and asking them early in the season for the games I want. Pretty much to see the other teams coming to town

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Corporate sponsorship will sell out the Bell center over and over. Nobody will give up their seasons tickets either.

The moderator speaks the truth. If I had season tickets for the Montreal Canadians? They would be part of my investment portfolio. Why? I could sell them for profit or political favors every season.

If you haven't noticed, our team has been a train wreck for quite a while. Unfortunately, the tickets and sponsorships keep flowing like honey. Smacks of some kind of inbred nationalism to me.

In any case, my point is this. Season ticket holders know that no matter how bad their organization gets, has been, or will be, their tickets are gold. Sound investment. Seriously.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
The moderator speaks the truth. If I had season tickets for the Montreal Canadians? They would be part of my investment portfolio. Why? I could sell them for profit or political favors every season.

If you haven't noticed, our team has been a train wreck for quite a while. Unfortunately, the tickets and sponsorships keep flowing like honey. Smacks of some kind of inbred nationalism to me.

In any case, my point is this. Season ticket holders know that no matter how bad their organization gets, has been, or will be, their tickets are gold. Sound investment. Seriously.

This year you would be selling tickets for less than you paid.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Can't do anything about pre-sold tickets, but all those empty seats means fewer people buying beer and crap. Ticket revenue may not change, but Molson's losing real money on concessions.

And even if you go to the game, don't buy any of their overpriced stuff.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Can't do anything about pre-sold tickets, but all those empty seats means fewer people buying beer and crap. Ticket revenue may not change, but Molson's losing real money on concessions.

And even if you go to the game, don't buy any of their overpriced stuff.

I don’t know about Montreal, but I figure it’s the same as Toronto where a packed house also has a trickle effect on the locals. Restaurants are busier, people stick around after work to shop and eat before the game. On weekends, people may go for drinks after the show.

Then again, with how the team is doing, people may still go for drinks...

Reactions: ArsHabs and ArtPeur

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Bergevin won't move the big pieces that need to get traded. Instead, he'll mention in his presser how getting a healthy Weber, Shaw and Danault back was like trading nothing for three key guys. Just you wait and see. Teams weren't willing to give what was required for said players, hence no significant trade.

Last edited:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'm tired of him and his fancy pants. You can only do so many press conferences.

One of the largest appeal that Bergevin had is that he was liked by the players, now he's hated.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I don’t know about Montreal, but I figure it’s the same as Toronto where a packed house also has a trickle effect on the locals. Restaurants are busier, people stick around after work to shop and eat before the game. On weekends, people may go for drinks after the show.
True. Local businesses around the Bell Centre are probably hurting. Scalpers are being killed. I feel bad for them, but on the other hand, they've profited over the years by leeching off the Bell Centre crowd. This is the other side of the coin, the ups and downs of business-synergy.

Then again, with how the team is doing, people may still go for drinks...

Well put.:laugh:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
True. Local businesses around the Bell Centre are probably hurting. Scalpers are being killed. I feel bad for them, but on the other hand, they've profited over the years by leeching off the Bell Centre crowd. This is the other side of the coin, the ups and downs of business-synergy.

Well put.:laugh:
Scalpers around the Bell Centre, are like dis-organized crime..............win some lose some..............that is a terrible crowd to deal with............they have made out like bandits for years, the next couple of year, could be lean...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm tired of him and his fancy pants. You can only do so many press conferences.

One of the largest appeal that Bergevin had is that he was liked by the players, now he's hated.
You're bent out of shape because of the pants he's wearing.....:laugh:.......t'as la peau mince chum

So the players hate him?.....how do you know this for fact?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
MB now nothing...

He needs to be gone and soon. Does anyone really think he will do what is right which would force him to eat his own words.

This Dude is living high on "surf and turf" and we the fans are the ones getting trampled on and likely drowning.

Reactions: Runner77

member 256847

is a dedicated Bergevin thread really necessary given he's getting shredded in every thread here anyways? lol
Better for the anger to be contained to one big on topic lashing out thread rather than spill over (even more so) in every other thread on the forum IMO.

Reactions: 417

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
You're bent out of shape because of the pants he's wearing.....:laugh:.......t'as la peau mince chum

So the players hate him?.....how do you know this for fact?
On peux pas tous avoir la peau épaisse comme MB

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
On the empty seats subject, most tickets are either bought by corporations or season ticket holders (which is a long waiting list should someone not renew). What will hit Molson in the pockets is if they keep missing the playoffs or get bounced in the first round. The money he makes in the playoffs is 100% profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad