Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Wow. This thread has devolved into thinly veiled threats of violence and "I know you are but what am I." Awesome.

If Alzner was really the Caps #1 LD they'd have signed him in a second to the same money and term we gave him. They didn't because he's not a #1 or 2, for that matter.

The proof is in the pudding.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I much prefer this year start of the season than the last two when Habs burned the league and finally crashed (worst two seasons ago, of course...). these hot starts were like the tree hiding the forest. This year, the team can only improve. MB will have no choice.

I agree its better to crash all the way.:thumbu:

Dahlin here we come!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Prove it!

:laugh: You're the one making the claim that he was their #1 LD and now you're asking me to disprove it?

Where is your proof?

Last year Alzner was barely ahead of Orlov for TOI/GP at the end of the season. But if you look at how the season finished, as of January Orlov was playing more than he was, and it got more dramatic as time went in, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: Peanut

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He was not their #1. https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/alzneka01/gamelog/2017

The top2 Capitals D both average 22 mins/game. Alzner only had 8 games at 22 mins/game. Clearly wasn't their #1D.
Can you read?Where did i say he was their #1 D? He was their #1 left handed D.
:laugh: You're the one making the claim that he was their #1 LD and now you're asking me to disprove it?

Where is your proof?

Last year Alzner was barely ahead of Orlov for TOI/GP at the end of the season. But if you look at how the season finished, as of January Orlov was playing more than he was, and it got more dramatic as time went in, especially in the playoffs.

Carlson and Niskanen are both RD D's!

Alzner was their #1 LD!

Orlov was close in ice time but when you look at the opposition you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Alzner-Carlson was their #1 pair.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Wow. This thread has devolved into thinly veiled threats of violence and "I know you are but what am I." Awesome.

If Alzner was really the Caps #1 LD they'd have signed him in a second to the same money and term we gave him. They didn't because he's not a #1 or 2, for that matter.

I’m only here for the thinly veiled threats

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

They didn't sign him cause you don't commit 5 years to a defensive D who has a lot of mileage. Suckers like Bergevin do.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
One thing for sure. MB is the worst I've ever seen when it comes to damage control.

Price gets injured 2 years ago and acquires Ben ****ing Scrivens.

Lowballs Markov and signs Mark Streit.

Can't sign Radulov then goes signing Hemsky.

You must understand that MB has "all the information" so he knows all. Us poor playstation playing fans know nothing. :sarcasm: Also being a GM is hard. ;)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
My favorite part about Alzner is that, from game 66 to 82, he didn't register a single point,

He's exactly what we lacked as a LD.

I'm sure he'll do much better on Montreal, than he did in Washington though.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Go ask caps fan if Alzner was their first LD hahahahaaha.... my god.

By the way, if you want to watch some fun hockey their is actually two good teams playing against each other in TB vs PIT. Its the first game I enjoy watching since the beggining of the year. Maybe I should stop watching the habs.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One thing for sure. MB is the worst I've ever seen when it comes to damage control.

Price gets injured 2 years ago and acquires Ben ****ing Scrivens.

Lowballs Markov and signs Mark Streit.

Can't sign Radulov then goes signing Hemsky.

Brought to you by ... the makers of ... Left Field Player Evaluations.

The same people who overvalued Martinsen, King and Ott and who undervalued Andrighetto.

Reactions: Pickles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow, so it is possible that next year we could have 15 million in unused cap space at the beginning of the 2018-19 season.

No worries, Bergevin has a year's head start to plan for more Alzners, Plekanecs, Shaws, Scrivens, Martinsens and Bauers.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
Interesting bit from Sylvain Guimond (sports psychologist) on a podcast :

"The NBA has done a study for 16 years and they have shown that the teams who won were the teams who had the biggest amount of different personalities..."

"There's a reason why Pittsburgh managed to win this year, again. They let their ago aside, we saw what happened with Fleury, we saw what Crosby did with Malkin, there's not a single player who is jealous out there..."

And it made me think... our team right now is probably one of the most bland and generic team we have ever iced since a really, really long time. It's literally a bunch of "serious and calm" guys, with few exceptions.

Obviously, it might be far-fetched to think this... but damn. Everyone who had some kind of personality got shipped away.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Interesting bit from Sylvain Guimond (sports psychologist) on a podcast :

"The NBA has done a study for 16 years and they have shown that the teams who won were the teams who had the biggest amount of different personalities..."

"There's a reason why Pittsburgh managed to win this year, again. They let their ago aside, we saw what happened with Fleury, we saw what Crosby did with Malkin, there's not a single player who is jealous out there..."

And it made me think... our team right now is probably one of the most bland and generic team we have ever iced since a really, really long time. It's literally a bunch of "serious and calm" guys, with few exceptions.

Obviously, it might be far-fetched to think this... but damn. Everyone who had some kind of personality got shipped away.

Weise, Eller, Prust, Beaulieu, Subban...Emelin!

Gallagher is the only one left.

Reactions: Pickles and Compile

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Can you read?Where did i say he was their #1 D? He was their #1 left handed D.

Carlson and Niskanen are both RD D's!

Alzner was their #1 LD!

Orlov was close in ice time but when you look at the opposition you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Alzner-Carlson was their #1 pair.

First of all, I never mentioned Carlson or Niskanen in my post. I think you are inventing things again much like you are inventing your "fact" that Alzner was a #1 LD, a claim you love to tout but cannot prove.

Orlov surpassed him by the end of the season. The number 1 pair was Alzner-Carlson much like ours was Emelin-Weber. His ice time fell as the season went on and in the playoffs he wasn't even guaranteed a roster spot.

But yeah, sure, I guess you must obviously know better than all those Caps fans that said this guy fell down the depth chart drastically. They are just jealous that we signed him to such a bargain.

Reactions: Peanut

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
First of all, I never mentioned Carlson or Niskanen in my post. I think you are inventing things again much like you are inventing your "fact" that Alzner was a #1 LD, a claim you love to tout but cannot prove.

Orlov surpassed him by the end of the season. The number 1 pair was Alzner-Carlson much like ours was Emelin-Weber. His ice time fell as the season went on and in the playoffs he wasn't even guaranteed a roster spot.

But yeah, sure, I guess you must obviously know better than all those Caps fans that said this guy fell down the depth chart drastically. They are just jealous that we signed him to such a bargain.
This is not the Emelin situation here. Alzner was their go to guy for years... This was the first time Emelin got to play on a first pair.

Alzner was injured during the PO, this was stressed 100 times already!

It was Alzner that was playing against the Crosby's and McDavid's of the world and not Orlov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad