Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I dont think Alzner is a top 4. He is too slow, not physical enough, not mean enough, doesn't clear the crease and make lots of silly mistakes.
Big mistale by Bergevin to sign Alzner.
Alzner was our big UFA signing this summer, what a joke.
Why was Trotz using him as his #1 LD then?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If we were 3-1...we'd all be sitting here saying not to get too excited based on our last 2 October's.

Well we're 1-3, we shouldn't be thinking the sky is falling either.
Already tried that, nobody is listening......ghetto has a couple of goals, they're curve jumping Bergevins head, but last year when Weber got to a hot start, it was settle down, it's only been ten games

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Already tried that, nobody is listening......ghetto has a couple of goals, they're curve jumping Bergevins head, but last year when Weber got to a hot start, it was settle down, it's only been ten games

With Andrighetto, you guys already used the ''it's only been a couple games'' excuse last season, when he was immediately productive after being traded. You should probably move on to the ''he wouldn't be doing that here'' excuse permanently. He's just carrying on where he left off. Much like the habs are from their embarrassing playoff showing.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
With Andrighetto, you guys already used the ''it's only been a couple games'' excuse last season, when he was immediately productive after being traded. You should probably move on to the ''he wouldn't be doing that here'' excuse permanently. He's just carrying on where he left off. Much like the habs are from their embarrassing playoff showing.

Sly is an amazing coach?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah, well at least I proved something while you keep bashing the guy without any serious proofs...

I'm pretty sure I offered up stats that tracked zone entries and exits, xGF%, shot heat maps, individual tracking stats, comments from Capital fans and the fact that he simply didn't cut it in the playoffs. While your proof was an appeal to the authority to a coach and a couple of stats that don't correlate to future success.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lebrun was on Hockey 360 just a few moments ago talking about a governor's meeting held not long ago where Bettman gave the governors a very early preliminary report on next year's salary cap. While a lot of things can change until the official cap is released, Bettman reportedly told them the cap can go anywhere between 77M to 84M. It sounds like business is real good in the NHL these days.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Alzner began the season as a 1LD, a line shuffle in the middle of the season took him away from Carlson to try to create two pairs that played around the same, but by the spring/playoffs he was a 7D that Washington did better the less he played.

Of course when you average that he looks like a first pair D, and not all players should be judged by how they end the season (people did that with Eric Staal in New York and that's why Minnesota got him so cheap), but Caps fans watched Alzner slowly deteriorate and play games he shouldn't have due to injury, and try to be an iron man, only to finish the year damaged goods that they no longer wanted. And Montreal signed those damaged goods like the Maple Leafs signed Komisarek in 2009. They paid for a reputation and not an actual product.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lebrun was on Hockey 360 just a few moments ago talking about a governor's meeting held not long ago where Bettman gave the governors a very early preliminary report on next year's salary cap. While a lot of things can change until the official cap is released, Bettman reportedly told them the cap can go anywhere between 77M to 84M. It sounds like business is real good in the NHL these days.
Wow, so it is possible that next year we could have 15 million in unused cap space at the beginning of the 2018-19 season.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure I offered up stats that tracked zone entries and exits, xGF%, shot heat maps, individual tracking stats, comments from Capital fans and the fact that he simply didn't cut it in the playoffs. While your proof was an appeal to the authority to a coach and a couple of stats that don't correlate to future success.

The real tell is how much the underlying numbers of Carlson and Niskanen improved when they played away from Alzner. The guy is an anchor who drags down his D partners and he seems to be doing the same with Petry now.

Reactions: Pickles and Peanut

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Lmao. I'm glad to see that the nickname I gave him hasn't died yet.

So... I guess he probably complained of bargainbin because he didnt get enough Quebec players...?

Nope.

Well one swipe at TT on French players.

Arrogance to the fan base. Thinks MB and management talk down and brush us off as just not being able to comprehend, so just accept.

Went on about Markov being left to walk.

Clear broadside, including Molson. Money grabbing etc.

Identified the media lap dogs.

Pitchforks are out.

Reactions: Pickles

Jul 6, 2016
I much prefer this year start of the season than the last two when Habs burned the league and finally crashed (worst two seasons ago, of course...). these hot starts were like the tree hiding the forest. This year, the team can only improve. MB will have no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad