Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
True, he's better than the entire team right now.......right now.....it's freggin October, like not even mid October. If we were 3-1, would you be taking out the Pom Poms and bragging about how great we are??......no, you'd be telling everyone to settle down, it's only October, tons of hockey to play.

We are on pace for a 42pt season, do you really think this is where we are heading? It's unrealistic to think so like it was unrealistic to think the Leafs would score 400 goals+

It's to soon to say for sure that the team will miss the playoff by a wide margin. But the team don't look good and i think it's safe to say that they will not win the Stanley Cup this year with that line-up.

So you either start the rebuild because the team is not build the right way or you sell your UFA and go all-in on Tavares in the summer because Tavares will not sign with a rebuilding team. The safest way to success is the rebuild as long as competent hockey people are replacing Bergevin and Molson as president of the team.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Keep himself, his friends and his family employed for as long as possible while accumulating the ugliest suit wardrobe this side of Don Cherry.

Also, to keep his platform that feeds into his arrogant and narcissistic personality and continues to build his delusions of self grandeur. The longer the tenure of as a GM of the Canadiens, the more he can believe he is smarter than everyone else in the world by making every wrong decision possible.
Impossible to take what you say about Bergevin seriously because it's personal with you......

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
It's to soon to say for sure that the team will miss the playoff by a wide margin. But the team don't look good and i think it's safe to say that they will not win the Stanley Cup this year with that line-up.

So you either start the rebuild because the team is not build the right way or you sell your UFA and go all-in on Tavares in the summer because Tavares will not sign with a rebuilding team. The safest way to success is the rebuild as long as competent hockey people are replacing Bergevin and Molson as president of the team.

Starting a rebuild is not going to happen I'm afraid...the path has been set...MB has to own it. And I think it will get even worse before it gets better for us.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Andrighetto up to 3g and 4pts now. So glad we got to witness Martinsen's excellence and now Baun in exchange for him.

Looking forward to MB trading Galchenyuk for Cal Clutterbuck.

Fire this plug of a GM already. It's not even funny anymore. "Class of the league organization" now the laughing stock of the league.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It seems like Galchenyuk's time is coming to a close. What scares me the most is that Bergevin is in charge of trading him!

This is my biggest issue. We're at the stage where as a fan you can't really trust that the GM will make a good trade. I remember when Gauthier was scrambling to fix his mistakes and how terrified everyone was that he'd just make things worse (he did).

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Watch them do like Andrighetto and trade Galchenyuk without ever giving him a chance on one of the offensive lines because "he has to deserve it".

Can we try him with Drouin? Let people with skill play together and you know, maybe we won't be so predictable?

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Watch them do like Andrighetto and trade Galchenyuk without ever giving him a chance on one of the offensive lines because "he has to deserve it".

Can we try him with Drouin? Let people with skill play together and you know, maybe we won't be so predictable?

Exactly. It's the "round peg in the square hole" syndrome that appears to plague Julien much as it did Therrien. Vanek is a great example. Andrighetto to a lesser extent. Now we're seeing an extreme case with Galchenyuk. His regression, whatever the reasons for it, has been nothing less than startling.

Sure, some of it is "on the players" but when the whole team is in the gutter maybe, just maybe, some blame aimed towards the GM who's in his 6th year and the coaching staff that is 80% leftovers from Therrien is in order here. I still can't understand why Julien didn't bring his own staff in, but that's another discussion entirely..

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
When a young player gets traded elsewhere and does well , we can talk about a development problem. - Marc Bergevin

Andrighetto is going to be one of many , Chucky you're next!

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
And i also see that Nail Yakupov also has 5pts in 4 games.....
He was huge gamble, but i would have take that gamble way ahead of Hemsky or Streit.

But Andrighetto, since being traded he has 20pts in 23 games.
So far Bergevin lost that trade big time. It could change, but it looks terribly bad.

Just letting go of NHLer and not getting NHLer back (or at least great potential) is bad.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
And i also see that Nail Yakupov also has 5pts in 4 games.....
He was huge gamble, but i would have take that gamble way ahead of Hemsky or Streit.

But Andrighetto, since being traded he has 20pts in 23 games.
So far Bergevin lost that trade big time. It could change, but it looks terribly bad.

Just letting go of NHLer and not getting NHLer back (or at least great potential) is bad.

It probably can't change. Martinsen is gone. Baun is an AHLer. Even if Andrighetto drops off the face of the earth (more likely he settles in as a competent middle-6 winger) it was a bad trade.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It seems like Galchenyuk's time is coming to a close. What scares me the most is that Bergevin is in charge of trading him!
Sad state right now, who in their right mind, would trust Bergevin to make a deal??

Cracked me up to read the Habs are shopping Streit?? Sorry MB, no one wanted him for free...just you...what a joke of a GM he has become in such a short time frame...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Sad state right now, who in their right mind, would trust Bergevin to make a deal??

Cracked me up to read the Habs are shopping Streit?? Sorry MB, no one wanted him for free...just you...what a joke of a GM he has become in such a short time frame...

You can sense a dumb trade coming. I really hope he doesn't pull one of those panic trades and ends up hurting us even more down the road.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

He probably is shopping him so that we could give less than a 3rd round IN ADDITION TO Streit for somebody to take him...

Mtl01

Feb 9, 2008
Montreal
You can sense a dumb trade coming. I really hope he doesn't pull one of those panic trades and ends up hurting us even more down the road.

A couple of more losses and that scenario becomes increasingly worrisome. Many fans are becoming wary of what this GM is doing to the long term picture of the franchise.

Reactions: Pickles

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
You reall think that's what it is? Tell me what you like and reassures you about this team.

Actually i like everything about this team.everything.sure improvements could be made in a few areas not to mention mb.dont forget we had alot of turnover from last year ,especially on d.give it sum time .habs will come together.just like the devils knights and avs will come back down to earth.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
For sure this is true...it's early and we're not as bad as our record indicates right now. Time will tell. Usually you know what you've got by Christmas otherwise it's an uphill climb just to make the playoffs, and nobody wins a cup that way.
If we were 3-1...we'd all be sitting here saying not to get too excited based on our last 2 October's.

Well we're 1-3, we shouldn't be thinking the sky is falling either.

Reactions: Capitano

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
4 games is nothing.by your judgement it will be a devils knights stanley cup final.right??they are looking unbeatable now.as of now the habs rangers wild and sharks are all last in their respective divisions. Im assuming you believe they will all miss the playoffs. Why is there an 82 game schedule when its all decided after 4 games?weird.

Yes I change my opinions based on 4 games. Not a declining product since his second year on the job.

You talk 4 games, I'm talking about 3 seasons + 4 games.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad