Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Sad and pathetic perfectly describes all the so called 'fans' that bail on a season 4 games in.people should go do something else with their life if its so bad.
It's not hard to see the writing on the wall here. Deflecting and bringing up other GM's and teams to somehow justify the piss poor job Bergevin has done this summer is what's really sad. Not the fans who desperately want a winning team that's entertaining to watch.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
My exact thoughts when someone suggested Vegas was better than HABS.......funny how some here won't defend their own team when it's completely exaggerated but will jump in front of a tank to protect Nashville and Dallas, I wonder why...:huh:

You seem to be the only one consistently making reference to those two... I believe there is an out of town thread to focus on other teams.

This thread is about MB, you know, the GM who publicly stated he believed that this d group was an upgrade over last year's...

Why not post about how much you believe in him and make your case for why he was right?

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Not one person posting or reading this forum has bailed on the Habs. It’s the management that has bailed on its fans, taking us for granted. Sellouts when the team is no where near Stanley Cup Contender. Now 4 games in and only 4 goals and you expect fans to say “it’s gonna be alright”. Sorry but a good number of us have followed hockey passionately and religiously; we know the product on the ice this year is very poor.

I will forever support the Habs, but the purge of this management group cannot come soon enough.

4 games is nothing.by your judgement it will be a devils knights stanley cup final.right??they are looking unbeatable now.as of now the habs rangers wild and sharks are all last in their respective divisions. Im assuming you believe they will all miss the playoffs. Why is there an 82 game schedule when its all decided after 4 games?weird.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
My exact thoughts when someone suggested Vegas was better than HABS.......funny how some here won't defend their own team when it's completely exaggerated but will jump in front of a tank to protect Nashville and Dallas, I wonder why...:huh:
Because neal alone is better than our entire team right now. :teach:

Reactions: Habset and Pickles

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Im assuming you believe they will all miss the playoffs. Why is there an 82 game schedule when its all decided after 4 games?weird.

I have no idea why you would assume that.

I don't think those teams are badly put together. I think the Habs are badly put together.

Sometimes good teams lose. When it comes to the Habs, this isn't one of those times.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sad and pathetic perfectly describes all the so called 'fans' that bail on a season 4 games in.people should go do something else with their life if its so bad.

You reall think that's what it is? Tell me what you like and reassures you about this team.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
s. andrghetto 2 more goals
and
glchenyuks ohl buddy is hot at 850$kyr

fu mb

That's what happens when certain players that are offensive play with players with talent, they actually produce
Here they play with garbage players that the GM acquires in trades for draft picks and then trades those same players in other trades for more garbage players while not even being able to get that pick back.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The problem is, does Molson have it in him to fire Bergevin? I have my doubts.

I'm sure if he has any intentions of doing so.. Bergevin will come in wearing a new pink threaded suit and Molson will give him another 8 year extension.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Bergevin is the embodiment of everything the Habs don't stand for. And lately he embarrassed himself AND the franchise every time he opened his mouth...

It's really puzzling that he managed to get such a following within this fanbase.

And what's so special about THIS fanbase? Seriously, this is an honest question. Ever since I follow the Habs I would have to believe the following if I was to pay attention to what the fanbase thinks:

1) Every General Manager is a complete idiot, including a well respected, cup winning GM like Gainey

2) Every coach is an incompetent clown, including guys like Vigneault and Julien, who are considered elite outside Montreal and have the record to prove it. I won't even mention a well respected guy like Martin, or Michel Therrien.

3) Every young player with a little bit of puck skills becomes an untouchable darling around the fanbase, so if he struggles, inevitably it's only proof of GM's/Coach's incompetence.

So what's so special about the Habs fanbase? Sure, they are passionate, but are they particularly knowlegable about the game? Doubt it.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The problem is, does Molson have it in him to fire Bergevin? I have my doubts.

Not a chance, not after signing him to that extension.
What a terrible mistake giving him that unmerited contract. He should have been more patient and let the season play out before.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I ask again, what's his long term plan? I don't see one at all. Why trade for Weber if you won't go all in right now?

Reactions: Pickles

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I ask again, what's his long term plan? I don't see one at all. Why trade for Weber if you won't go all in right now?

Keep himself, his friends and his family employed for as long as possible while accumulating the ugliest suit wardrobe this side of Don Cherry.

Also, to keep his platform that feeds into his arrogant and narcissistic personality and continues to build his delusions of self grandeur. The longer the tenure of as a GM of the Canadiens, the more he can believe he is smarter than everyone else in the world by making every wrong decision possible.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Because neal alone is better than our entire team right now. :teach:
True, he's better than the entire team right now.......right now.....it's freggin October, like not even mid October. If we were 3-1, would you be taking out the Pom Poms and bragging about how great we are??......no, you'd be telling everyone to settle down, it's only October, tons of hockey to play.

We are on pace for a 42pt season, do you really think this is where we are heading? It's unrealistic to think so like it was unrealistic to think the Leafs would score 400 goals+

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
True, he's better than the entire team right now.......right now.....it's freggin October, like not even mid October. If we were 3-1, would you be taking out the Pom Poms and bragging about how great we are??......no, you'd be telling everyone to settle down, it's only October, tons of hockey to play.

We are on pace for a 42pt season, do you really think this is where we are heading? It's unrealistic to think so like it was unrealistic to think the Leafs would score 400 goals+

It's a continuance of the team since the hot start last year. This is how the team has looked since then. This is what they are, only worse this season because the defense is absolutely brutal.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not a chance, not after signing him to that extension.
What a terrible mistake giving him that unmerited contract. He should have been more patient and let the season play out before.

Yeah, that extension is looking really bad right now.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site

For sure this is true...it's early and we're not as bad as our record indicates right now. Time will tell. Usually you know what you've got by Christmas otherwise it's an uphill climb just to make the playoffs, and nobody wins a cup that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad