Post-Game Talk: Maple Leafs win big! Matthews is the hero

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
1679622088743.jpeg

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I only caught the 3rd and was pleasantly surprised to see them going in up 4-2.

I don’t care how ‘bad they look this year’, they looked bad last year - I am still not looking forward to playing Tampa.

It's now a three-horse race with Dear John, the Pens and the Panties for the WC spots - I could include Washington but come on...

With this win, the Leafs are now clear of Washington and Ottawa and de facto cleared of Buffalo who has a magic number (relative to the Leafs) of 1. Florida, who lost, has 5 and Pittsburgh will have either 5 or 7 based on their game against Dallas.

The clinch can come as early as Sunday against Nashville.

The Ottawa game seemed to spur the confidence of Murray and Kerfoot, great work on both their ends.

Matthews looking like a machine out there and Willy had a 'say hello to my little friend!' game. Mitch Marner has 92 points.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but cheers, to our nation's capital!

Smartest two way forward in the league Alex Barkov with a fantastic whiff on the EN and an even more fantastic run in with his own teammate and getting up slow. He's played himself out of the Matthews-MacKinnon tier and into the Eichel tier.

Tkachuk is still a dirty rat - hell of a talented player, but a rat. Every former teammate wants a piece of him when they play, which should tell you all you need to know.

I do not understand Carter Verhaeghe at all - aside from his stickhandling he's not really 'elite' at anything, but he gets his numbers, ah salud.

Somebody somewhere is paying Bobrovsky 10.5 for like three more years, next time you feel like bitching about Mitch and Matthews.

Last edited:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Great bounce back game after the Isle's loss.

It was especially good seeing Matthews have a very strong game.

That one play where he grabbed the puck in the neutral zone, took the puck to the outside and drove it right to the front of the net was very encouraging.

If we're going to go on a serious run he needs to step up bigtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad