Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
McElhinney is better than Andersen. Until that is not true, you start him.

Right now - McElhinney is our best chance. Give him some rope and if he falters tug it back.

We won't win with Andersen. His play in his last 20 is evidence of that.

Hahaha. Do you even know what you're talking about?? When I'm not on my phone tomorrow, I'll show you why Andersen has been a Top-10 goalie this season.

Lol McBackup better than Freddy :laugh:

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Mitch healthy, or what?

Because of our last game - assuming Babs is pondering having him out for another at least.

Paul Hendrick's common " No changes to the lineup " tweet scares me. :laugh:

I'd love to see him roll off of his in form players:
Leivo-Matthews-Nylander
JvR-Kadri-Brown
Hyman-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Komarov-Soshnikov

If this many changes were happening we would know it - a shutout win, will keep things the same.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Because of our last game - assuming Babs is pondering having him out for another at least.

Paul Hendrick's common " No changes to the lineup " tweet scares me. :laugh:

I'd love to see him roll off of his in form players:
Leivo-Matthews-Nylander
JvR-Kadri-Brown
Hyman-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Komarov-Soshnikov

If this many changes were happening we would know it - a shutout win, will keep things the same.

another what? week? month? game you are missing a key word here also that line is a waste of marner's talent

OneTrueStick

Jan 16, 2017
Hoping that Marner will be back tonight. But wouldn't rule it out that just because we won last game Babcock will now leave Mitch out just to see if we'll win again with those same lines.

Iamtheliquor*

Dec 15, 2015
Hahaha. Do you even know what you're talking about?? When I'm not on my phone tomorrow, I'll show you why Andersen has been a Top-10 goalie this season.

Lol McBackup better than Freddy :laugh:

Take off your fan boy goggles for a second.. McBackup proved in his last game he's a bit more steady back there right now. Overall, of course Andersen has been the better of the two all season, but not at this very moment. Andersens inconsistency couple with the average defence can be blamed on a lot of our losses this year.

I'm also in favor of giving McBackup the start tonight.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Take off your fan boy goggles for a second.. McBackup proved in his last game he's a bit more steady back there right now. Overall, of course Andersen has been the better of the two all season, but not at this very moment. Andersens inconsistency couple with the average defence can be blamed on a lot of our losses this year.

I'm also in favor of giving McBackup the start tonight.

I'd rather see the #1 guy, go in a near must win game

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Starter will start tonight as he should. Backups are backups for a reason, good backups can play a great game at times and hold the fort at other times. If they could do it consistently, they wouldn't be backups.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
$_35.JPG

Tuesday game preview: Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs
Jets defenceman Trouba suspended two games for illegal hit.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...ew-winnipeg-jets-and-toronto-maple-leafs.html

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Mon., Feb. 20, 2017

AIR CANADA CENTRE

PUCK DROP: 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN4

RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The FAN

KEY PLAYERS

Laine vs. Matthews

This is marquee matchup that will draw the eyes of Calder Trophy watchers featuring the two highest scoring rookies in the NHL. The Jets’ Patrik Laine, the second overall pick in the June draft, had a hat trick against the Leafs earlier this season and has 28 goals and 24 assists. He was named player of the week Monday after scoring five goals and adding three assists in four games. Auston Matthews has 28 goals and 21 assists, including three goals and two assists in his last four games.

NEED TO KNOW

The Jets will be without defenceman Jacob Trouba for two games. He was suspended for an illegal hit on Ottawa’s Mark Stone on Sunday . . . The Jets are 3-0-1 over their last four games, including back-to-back wins over Montreal and Ottawa. Since Dec. 22, they are 9-4-2 (20 points) on the road . . . Winnipeg has just two fewer goals than the Maple Leafs (180 to 178) but has given up a lot more (167 to 193) . . . The Jets are 1-for-18 (5.6 per cent) on the power play in their last seven games and have gone five consecutive games (0-for-14) without scoring a power-play goal. They are 16-for-19 (84.2 per cent) on the penalty kill in their last seven games . . . Goalie Connor Hellebuyck is 3-0-1 with a .930 save percentage in his last four games.

UP NEXT

Thursday, vs. Rangers 7:30 p.m

Game Day: Jets at Maple Leafs

By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/21/game-day-jets-at-maple-leafs

WINNIPEG JETS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Tuesday, 7:30 p.m., Air Canada Centre

TV: TSN4; Radio: 590 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Patrik Laine vs. Auston Matthews

There’s a chance Mitch Marner gets added to this Calder cauldron match. Laine, who outplayed Matthews back on Oct. 19 and completed a hat tick in overtime in a game the Leafs had led 4-0, recovered from a concussion a few weeks ago to make the rookie race tight again. Matthews stayed with Marner and Laine in points during Marner’s shoulder injury. But Nazem Kadri’s line likely will draw some time against Laine’s group.

SPECIAL TEAMS

LEAFS -- PP 23.0% (1st), PK 83.5% (9th)
JETS -- PP 17.5% (19th), PK 77.1% (26th)

SICK BAY

LEAFS -- RW Mitch Marner (shoulder)
JETS -- G Ondrej Pavelec (lower body); D Toby Enstrom (lower body); D Tyler Myers (lower body); C/LW Andrew Copp (lower body); LW Marko Dano (lower body); RW Drew Stafford (illness)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad