Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I mean I'm like on tuesday already baby. Who do we start man??!!? McElenney played a shutout on this mother on this B man. What do Babcock do man??!! Continue to roll and then andersen??! I'm blown away by our effort polak komarov kadri matthews etc. McElnneny was so real man. Who do we go wit?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Beat the jets, rookies get multiple pts, hold laine to none. Can't wait. Want revenge for last game. Would start McBackup for this game, and give andersen 3 or 4 in a row after.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Beat the jets, rookies get multiple pts, hold laine to none. Can't wait. Want revenge for last game. Would start McBackup for this game, and give andersen 3 or 4 in a row after.

I just hope Laine doesn't score another hattrick.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
McElhinney won't start until Mar 3, our next b2b. Andersen for sure.

Hoping the boys seek revenge (in the way of a victory) for this one. We blew the last one against these guys so pay back is in order.

Wonder if Marner will be ok to play by Tuesday... Tuesday? Days off in between games, what kind of league is this...

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Hope they're ready for this game. Carolina was already licking their wounds before the game was over. Sometimes it seems teams just forget what real competition is like after a game like tonights.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
McElhinney won't start until Mar 3, our next b2b. Andersen for sure.

Hoping the boys seek revenge (in the way of a victory) for this one. We blew the last one against these guys so pay back is in order.

Wonder if Marner will be ok to play by Tuesday... Tuesday? Days off in between games, what kind of league is this...

Thank you sir. :yo:
Happy and merry birthday man!!!! :clap:

Ok I'm understanding this dirt y'all. Andersen will be the go man. We still on track. Babcock track. y'all understand hockey and that's that.

RightyYourWrongy*

Feb 19, 2017
If Andersen starts we lose - if McB starts we have a chance.

We have one of the worst starters in the league and one of the best backups.

.914 is way, way below average.

I know it's sacrilege to talk about our goal-tending in a negative way - but the facts are the facts.

I think if we were able to play LA King type hockey circa 3 years ago (low-scoring, tight team-D) Andersen would be able to scrape by on this team..

But this team is a tire-fire defensively and below average goalies are going to be exposed.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If McBackup plays more, you'll see why he's called McBackup. His play with normalize and it will show he's not a starting goalie as evidence from his career numbers.

He should be used in back to back situations, and he's doing well in that role.

RightyYourWrongy*

Feb 19, 2017
If McBackup plays more, you'll see why he's called McBackup. His play with normalize and it will show he's not a starting goalie as evidence from his career numbers.

He should be used in back to back situations, and he's doing well in that role.

Andersen is not a starter either. We know what we have with him now. If we are legit in a playoff race you have to play the guys who give you the best chance of winning.

McB edges that over Andersen right now.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Andersen is not a starter either. We know what we have with him now. If we are legit in a playoff race you have to play the guys who give you the best chance of winning.

Ignoring your opinion on Andersen which I wholeheartedly disagree with.

Backups are given their position for a reason. It's an entirely different spot on the roster with unique preparation times and workloads.

You put him as a starter and he'll regress barring a miracle.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Backups are given their position for a reason. It's an entirely different spot on the roster with unique preparation times and workloads.

Proof? Please see the Leafs over the past decade ;)

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary

What? Andersen in your eyes doesn't have starter potential? You're kidding right?
His career average is about 2.45 and this year he's adjusting to a new team with a bad back end to boot. He's been standing on his head for most of the season, but this is the time every year he tends to play bad

:help:

RightyYourWrongy*

Feb 19, 2017

We have two backups. PLay the better one.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

What evidence do you have that he's not a starter? He's right in the middle in terms of save percentage for all qualified goalies (tied for 19th out of 40). If you look at goalies who have played more than 30 games, he's again right in the middle (around 14th I believe) and if you look at goalies who have played over 40 games he's again right in the middle (9th out of 20)

He's literally an average starting goalie. Which is what we knew about him going into the year.

RightyYourWrongy*

Feb 19, 2017
What evidence do you have that he's not a starter? He's right in the middle in terms of save percentage for all qualified goalies (tied for 19th out of 40). If you look at goalies who have played more than 30 games, he's again right in the middle (around 14th I believe) and if you look at goalies who have played over 40 games he's again right in the middle (9th out of 20)

He's literally an average starting goalie. Which is what we knew about him going into the year.

He's trending way lower than .914 over the last month and a bit. He dropped from .923 to .914 in like two weeks. He's trending down like an air-plane in a straight nose dive.

He started off poor - got extremely hot - and now regressed back to what he was at the start.

Which, given this teams porous team defense - is probably what his mean will be on this team.

Around .905 to .910.

That's not good enough. Play McB and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad